Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Harry said:
Mid. The fwd experiment is over imo.

Townsend can't play mid at AFL level. Not a gut runner and too slow. Unless he's replacing a Graham but Graham is almost every game our best pressure act player. Can't see Townsend improving that role. For me it's forward or nothing for Townsend and he's second choice to Caddy.

tigerlove said:
Townsend can't play mid at AFL level. Not a gut runner and too slow. Unless he's replacing a Graham but Graham is almost every game our best pressure act player. Can't see Townsend improving that role. For me it's forward or nothing for Townsend and he's second choice to Caddy.

With martin and cotchin out we need some size and grunt in the middle especially against wines rocky pp ebert and boak

Harry said:
Mid. The fwd experiment is over imo.
tigerman said:
Yep, midfield is where i want him to play.

Towners position should just be listed as "battering ram". Should just be instructed to find anyone who is getting a tag of some sort and just smash the tagger at every opportunity

Harry said:
With martin and cotchin out we need some size and grunt in the middle especially against wines rocky pp ebert and boak

Can't see it. One thing to line players up a couple of times a quarter in the forward line. Different proposition to gut run, keep up with the spread, and have the energy to fully attack players. Would end up being a liability. But I can't see us winning anyway so maybe this 9s the game to give it a go.

tigerlove said:
Can't see it. One thing to line players up a couple of times a quarter in the forward line. Different proposition to gut run, keep up with the spread, and have the energy to fully attack players. Would end up being a liability. But I can't see us winning anyway so maybe this 9s the game to give it a go.

I agree TL. Forward or nothing for Towner and if Caddy's back I can't see Towner playing. Caddy more endurance but slow, couldn't imagine how slow or mid rotation would look if we had Caddy, Towner and Graham in there. Its one of Caddy or Towner for me with them playing 70-80% forward. Need the medium forward back. Dimma likes a medium forward hence why Vlastuin was sent forward last week.

If Caddy isnt fit enough id play Townser this week.

We need players who will hit bodies.

Towner is also a good set shot at goal he will likely kick 2 out of every 3 shots at goal unlike George who will likely miss all of em.

If Boak elbows our player 100 metres off the ball, gives the tiger cheer squad the bird, and air snorts some powder we'll know Townsend has done his job.

tigerlove said:
If Boak elbows our player 100 metres off the ball, gives the tiger cheer squad the bird, and air snorts some powder we'll know Townsend has done his job.

about the only legitimate thing he could mime about us,

would be to pretend to drape a premiership medal around a naked voluptuous woman neck.

and that would be pretty hard to mime?

pretending to pretend to poke someone in the eye with chopsticks would be really challenging too.

easy said:

would be to pretend to drape a premiership medal around a naked voluptuous woman neck.

pretending to pretend to poke someone in the eye with chopsticks would be really challenging too.

Yeah would take some time too. Maybe during one of those lengthy score reviews? Would get a whole 2 minutes to act it out.

easy said:

Lol I just pictured you trying to mime that

Townser just needs to fold Westhoff and one or two others in half if he plays and I have a feeling he will get named.

Also If he gets hold of one or two of their promising kids he might ruin them ;D

Thank god he is back in
He plays hard
In the forward line
Watch Lynch go with Jacob around

He makes us a better team

Caddy in the midfield

Jacob is not in. Imo sense prevails. Baker a better option, more flexibility. Particularly with Caddy back, Townsend is a poor man's Caddy. Caddy chosen every time.