Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Hes yesterdays hero.

Had a good 5 game block over an umpteen year career.

Can't see him getting back in.

toby64 said:
Hes yesterdays hero.

Had a good 5 game block over an umpteen year career.

Can't see him getting back in.

If true really sad news.
For a bloke that wore our jumper only a handful times, he Will always be remembered.

Who was better Brett Evans or The Miracle Man??

get on him

Richmond through and through

look at what he give/brings to the team, not what he cant do

he is a Richmond premiership player and that means something

give him 2 games this year .and watch us become solid again!!!

everyone here will say in 10 years time I support Jacob Townsend ...............remember when he smashed the cats at he MCG on Friday night and we went on the win another flag in 2019

its starts now........put him in

nswtiger said:
get on him

.......remember when he smashed the cats at he MCG on Friday night and we went on the win another flag in 2019

its starts now........put him in

Superb work nsw.

he is like the whales in winter

do their best work in winter on wet and cold lands

and they are solid and tough and team (pod) first

Be worth including Jacob just for the fear factor alone - there'd be several Cats who have painful memories of being sat on their arses before they knew what hit em....We need some more of that against Geelong. Hate em.

toby64 said:
The longer he is out of the team, the better the player he was!
Yep, unfortunately for him JT is going to be delisted again in 3 months. He had a purple patch in late 17 but let’s face it, into his 8th season and hasn’t got to 50 games (47) and in a season where we,ve been decimated by injuries hasn’t received a call up.

tigertim said:
Yep, unfortunately for him JT is going to be delisted again in 3 months. He had a purple patch in late 17 but let’s face it, into his 8th season and hasn’t got to 50 games (47) and in a season where we,ve been decimated by injuries hasn’t received a call up.

Didn't he break his leg late last year? May have something to do with it. Though, I suspect you are right Tim.

tigerman said:
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-10-05/gf-townsends-huge-hit

Good one tman.

Anyone who downplays towners role in our premiership

Is an enemy of the state.

Nsw, hey?

Given that we were bullied and bashed by North,and with Lynch struggling ATM,I would rather have Towner in than debuting Naish for this game.Dimma should whisper in his ear and say mate give it everything cos there is a bye next week and the PRE people will have something extra to write about. >:D

I love towner for 17 ,

But not convinced he gives us much now ,

and I guess im going off 18 where he was given opportunity to establish himself in the team and he looked to be struggling with the pace of the game , his hit on Nathan jones was awesome though :)

hope im wrong

You wonder what he has to do to get a game.

They re-drafted him for insurance.
We had a bucket load of injuries.
Still can't get a look in.

I reckon Grigga could get a game before Towner! (and he aint even on the list) :hihi

Gone at year's end for sure.
Thanks for the memories!