Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

turk-d-tiger said:
You dont change a players number whilst he is still at the club ,
Since when? Heaps of players at all clubs have had their numbers changed over the years.

Agree that Towner should keep his premiership winning number, but players change numbers all the time.

Legends of 2017 said:
A question.
With Towner now redrafted, it means we will still have all our premiership 22 on our list 2 seasons after our flag. Does anyone know when the last time a club had their whole premiership side still available after this period of time?
Also, would anyone know what the longest period a premiership side has been kept together by a club?
Just curious because there is usually at least one retirement or a player moving club immediately after a flag. Says a fair bit about the stability of our club I think

Probably impossible to determine that, especially in the early years.
It's not possible to know what a team's list was and in the really early years did they even maintain a list?

What you could do is determine how many years after a premiership did a team still have every premiership player play at least one senior game in the year?
Over to you L2R2R ....

from yesterday VFL game

he is back

can he play in defence?

Townsend warmed into the game, providing a benchmark for his fellow teammates with his relentless ferocity at the man and the ball.

The 25-year-old uses his body like a battering ram and brought a collective groan from the crowd after drilling an unsuspecting Northern Blue into Punt Rd Oval.

In the first half, it was a case of if Townsend didn’t get you, Ross will, which would have warmed the hearts of the Tiger Army.

Time to end The Towner Farce.

We need some tackling grunt at the coalface.

Have Kelly, Coniglio etc looking around thinking Where's that psycho tackler?
Must dispose quickly, oops Turnover!

Reading between the lines, Towner is back :clap
I love his story, and i love how he plays the game. He made an impact when he came into the side in 2017, and if he plays on Saturday he'll make an impact. He won't let anyone down, and his teammates will walk a little taller.

tigerman said:
Reading between the lines, Towner is back :clap
I love his story, and i love how he plays the game. He made an impact when he came into the side in 2017, and if he plays on Saturday he'll make an impact. He won't let anyone down, and his teammates will walk a little taller.

every good side needs a Towner.

I reckon Towner should mime having a waterskiing crash before the opening bounce,

and just cop the fine.

Not a bad depth player to have is Townsend but let us down last game he played Round 20 against Geelong. 7 disposals, 4 turnovers, 2 efficient disposals, only 3 score involvements in 75% game time. Is probably in a lot better VFL form atm so hopefully if he does play he canmake an impact like we saw in 2017.

Tigers of Old said:
Was unimpressive last time we saw him. Are we sure we want to go back there?

Yeah didnt think he impressed at all last year , looked to be struggling with the pace of the game , but wish him all the best if given his chance .

Tigers of Old said:
Was unimpressive last time we saw him. Are we sure we want to go back there?
True, however I think Towner ads a bit to the boys confidence when his out there, some true hard steel won’t go astray at the moment

spook said:
I don't think he'll play, unless Caddy doesn't.

agree, its Caddy or Towner.

Towner by the sounds of it.

I don't expect Towner to star, but his role in the middle will be to protect our kids and soften up theirs.

I like it.