Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

tigerlove said:
Except his overall pressure in 2018 was average. Only managed 3 tackles a game, less than Rioli, Butler, Townsend and just above Castagna who had 2.91. So really he didn't excel in that department and too slow to apply manic pressure. Sure he is an able bit depth player and still valuable as say a rookie player but the sort of player you can always look to improve on.

His tackles are that good, I'd mention him twice too ;)

He'd be a dangerous player in another team. I was surprised the Swans chose Menzel over him. Townsend has much more upside than him. Townsend had a few injuries this season as well.

A question.
With Towner now redrafted, it means we will still have all our premiership 22 on our list 2 seasons after our flag. Does anyone know when the last time a club had their whole premiership side still available after this period of time?
Also, would anyone know what the longest period a premiership side has been kept together by a club?
Just curious because there is usually at least one retirement or a player moving club immediately after a flag. Says a fair bit about the stability of our club I think

Legends of 2017 said:
A question.
With Towner now redrafted, it means we will still have all our premiership 22 on our list 2 seasons after our flag. Does anyone know when the last time a club had their whole premiership side still available after this period of time?
Also, would anyone know what the longest period a premiership side has been kept together by a club?
Just curious because there is usually at least one retirement or a player moving club immediately after a flag. Says a fair bit about the stability of our club I think

Not sure about this but there was a fair bit of discussion last year about how a Premiership team has never taken the field together again in the history of the AFL/VFL. Technically, we have at least 22 more chances to make history.

WC have already lost Le Cras and Lycett, so they are out.

Legends of 2017 said:
A question.

Per Swamp on Twitter

Entire premiership side still at the same club 2 years later
2017 RICH (22 players)
2001 BRIS (22)
1995 CARL (21)
1992 WCE (20)
1987 CARL (20)
1983 HAW (20)
1978 HAW (20)

bigwow said:
Does he keep #21? Or go to a higher 'rookie' number?

He's already been kicked around enough by being delisted. Let him keep his 21 (his premiership number too) rather than degrade him further and making him wear a high number.

You dont change a players number whilst he is still at the club , He is a premiership player and would be highly disrespectful

Its only a number