Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

DirtyDogTiger said:
Getting cut but if not recruited elsewhere he stays on as a rookie.
Good
Not ideal but if we do end up putting him back on the rookie list he has the chance of getting elevated down the line.

I dont know what he was on dollar wise but I imagine it's a fair drop in salary to be a rookie.

ahyeahnah said:
Not ideal but if we do end up putting him back on the rookie list he has the chance of getting elevated down the line.

I dont know what he was on dollar wise but I imagine it's a fair drop in salary to be a rookie.

He might not even look for a new home.
I hope.

Mr Brightside said:
Be happy for him to end up on the rookie list, however I think somebody may take the chance on him first .

If I had a talented list full of front-running, pea-hearts, I'd be begging for Towner to come back.

I wonder how many players have ended up on a rookie list after a premiership?

The thing with poaching players like Towner (or Miles last year) is you really need to commit to giving them game time, otherwise they're better off staying.

123kid said:
The thing with poaching players like Towner (or Miles last year) is you really need to commit to giving them game time, otherwise they're better off staying.

If they're only offering a rookie spot, sure, but a spot on the list proper is a step up.

Not sure anyone will select him in the main draft but surely he'll be rookie selected before our pick at what will it be, 16?

Great news. 'Sydney switch their attention to delisted cat'

That means pack buster could be staying.

*Delisted or Deliced Cat? Not sure

Surely no club will come for Towner now.

Can't he just "pull himself off the market" so to speak? :hihi

Can someone give him this script to read please:

"I have decided to stay with my Premiership team mates and for you the glove3, Richmond will always be my home!
Now give me an Adelaide flog to injure oops Tackle! " :clap

Keeping the band together! ;D

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
If they're only offering a rookie spot, sure, but a spot on the list proper is a step up.
Sydney or whoever is sniffing around would have to be offering him at least a two year deal

ahyeahnah said:
Sydney or whoever is sniffing around would have to be offering him at least a two year deal

It will come back bite us on the ass letting him go.
He will tackle short and snap him in half.
Menadue will just crap his shorts.
Rance will slip over again.
Moore will use his pace to run away from him.

I would play townsend Collingwood, snap a sidebotton or penderbury in half

zippadeee said:
It will come back bite us on the ass letting him go.
He will tackle short and snap him in half.
Menadue will just crap his shorts.
Rance will slip over again.
Moore will use his pace to run away from him.

I would play townsend Collingwood, snap a sidebotton or penderbury in half
I've said it before on this site...why cant he be re-trained to be a run with tagger that can rest in the forward line?

Isn't it possible to develop endurance/stamina somehow?

ahyeahnah said:
I've said it before on this site...why cant he be re-trained to be a run with tagger that can rest in the forward line?

Isn't it possible to develop endurance/stamina somehow?

Imagine Towner as a tagger at the centre bounce he'd make the opposition miids crap themselves

Personally i think he will be at another club in 2019

North will come with a 3 year $2 million deal for him

ahyeahnah said:

Why 2 years? Their first rookie picks before ours, they could just pick him up as a rookie.

Seriously don’t understand all the angst about losing Townsend. You’d think we let Wayne Carey go. He put in a decent shift for a few weeks last year and has done his job. Is a very limited footballer who can tackle hard. Even Hislop tackled hard. Too slow and no endurance means he can only play up forward. We have enough options. Would rather a punt on a genuine midfielder from the state leagues.

Move on.