Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Ghost of 29 said:
Hampson was backup when 2 rucks were still in vogue. The game changed and he got injured all at the same time.

Yarran was why Dan Richo got demoted. As far as mistakes go that was gold plated.
I often wondered how such a pathetic recruiting mistake was made. How the hell did he get through medicals and the big question is what did Carlscum know and hide about it?

All the more reason to stop splitting the gate with them.

Tames said:
To de-list someone who maybe the hardest impact tackler I've seen, worries me, especially with our sketchy back up list.

He tackles everyone like they are a training padded bag, no consideration for his well being. I'd like to think we could do something with him to complement that.
Players get re-trained for different positions all the time.

Would it be so unrealistic to build his endurance and turn him into a run with tagger?

Imagine the fear he would put into the opposition midfielders and then he could rest in the forward line and we know what he can do down there.

ahyeahnah said:
Players get re-trained for different positions all the time.

Would it be so unrealistic to build his endurance and turn him into a run with tagger?

Imagine the fear he would put into the opposition midfielders and then he could rest in the forward line and we know what he can do down there.

They tried him as a mid didn’t work found his spot as a forward and now we have lynch spot has gone think club is looking a back up mids bigger bodies etc that have tanks maybe Lonergan Sheridan etc

Think alot of people are letting their hearts do the thinking

We all love Jacob and his efforts in the last 8 or so weeks of 2017 but he is a limited footballer that needs to be upgraded

Its whats better for Richmond

Should be an additional list category introduced for premiership-cult-hero-sentimental-fan-favorite thay is outside the salary cap and eligible for 5 cameo performace and 23 goals per season

Tames said:
To de-list someone who maybe the hardest impact tackler I've seen, worries me, especially with our sketchy back up list.

He tackles everyone like they are a training padded bag, no consideration for his well being. I'd like to think we could do something with him to complement that.

Tommy Hislop says hello

taztiger4 said:
Tommy Hislop says hello
Hislop... a shocking kick, couldn't find the ball, and rarely impacted a game. As for Jacob... a premiership , a Liston medal, and a sweet set shot with some big scoreboard contributions. That said, I'm glad Tom sent his regards.

Has struggled for most of his career to establish a full time midfield role.
Astounding utilisation of a limited skill set at the end of 2017 by player & football dept but appears to have been the outlier as his form this season was nowhere near that of his 5 game purple patch. My sense is the club has gotten this completely right.

His purple patch at the end of 2017 is an outlier in his career. He is a limited footballer who had a magical 6 weeks.

I’m sure the club realises this hence he is yet to be signed.

TigerFlag2017 said:
Should be an additional list category introduced for premiership-cult-hero-sentimental-fan-favorite thay is outside the salary cap and eligible for 5 cameo performace and 23 goals per season

How about any player who is a life member is outside the salary cap? :)

Tames said:

And therein lies the problem. His greatest asset is his tackling but only managed 3 tackles a game. That's 1 a quarter except for 1 quarter where he doesn't make a tackle at all. You can;t carry that alone. You have to have other strings to your bow.

It wasn't that long ago that this site would melt down for resigning a Towner like player.

Love the guy, always will, but he's no longer of any use to us.

The outlier was just the 2 thrashing’s against bottom teams who gave up hope at the end of the season, the after glow from these 2 matches carried over during finals but his finals were similar to his 2018 form.

I feel bad pointing it out but that’s probably why the club is doing what they’re doing.

toby64 said:
His purple patch at the end of 2017 is an outlier in his career. He is a limited footballer who had a magical 6 weeks.

I’m sure the club realises this hence he is yet to be signed.

I think his entire 2017 was an outlier. He dominated VFL for much of the year, getting high disposals and kicking goals (hence the Liston win). He carried that into the seniors. He wasn't the same player this year, at AFL level or VFL level.

I think zips is channeling Donald Trump! :hihi

You need to hit the hustings with The Lobster Guy! ;D