Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

DjJazzyPete said:
Just wondering is this Official ?

Well it MIGHT have happened but it’s not announced.
I’ve only heard it on the post above.

Without cutting Towner and Chol, we’ve got to fill the following spots.

17, 37, 64, 68, rookie rookie

So if Towner goes, we get a kid worth 70ish in the draft.

I don’t think that’s good value.

DirtyDogTiger said:

We might else use pick 17 on Townsend because we draft another Ellis, Ellis or Lennon with it anyway

DirtyDogTiger said:

I may be wrong but with Lynch and Moore on the list we currently have 36 players and just 2 eligible to remain rookies, Baker and Eggy. If Townsend is delisted that leaves us with 3 player positions and 4 rookie positions to fill on draft night?

James said:
I may be wrong but with Lynch and Moore on the list we currently have 36 players and just 2 eligible to remain rookies, Baker and Eggy. If Townsend is delisted that leaves us with 3 player positions and 4 rookie positions to fill on draft night?

Yes we currently have 36 on main & 3 on rookie with a decision to be made on Marbs so 2 eligible to remain rookies

Minimum on main list is 38 & max 40
Cat A Rookies 6 down to 4 dependent on above numbers
Cat B Rookies Max 3 - We currently have 1

Maximum all up is 47

Tigaman said:
Higgins jumped the queue in his first year & squeezed out Towner. Higgins aint got a Premiership Medal but Towner does. Chalk & cheese Higgins & Towner but come GF day Towner did not let us down nor did Higgins in Finals loss to the Pies. IMO I would keep Towner on the books . Been in the system seven years, only 24 & knows what is required of him.
Totally agree with you. Surely we can keep him on the list and if he only plays in half a dozen games and is effective, as we know he can be, then it's worth it.

I mean if Butler, Rioli and Higgins spend more time in the midfield then Towner brings a totally different dynamic to the forward line.

I believe that with Lynch in our forward line and Caddy in the midfield then Towner becomes even more of a weapon to kick goals and nullify a rebounding defender.

DirtyDogTiger said:
DirtyDogTiger said:
And its shameful treatment of a premiership player.

agree ddt. the guy hasn't done a lot wrong. he is good depth at worst. had a couple of dud games but who doesn't?

jb03 said:
Townsend was fantastic at the back end of 2017 but the angst around his pending delisting seems OTT.

I'm just worried about him playing for another side and spear tackling Cotch.

jb03 said:
Townsend was fantastic at the back end of 2017 but the angst around his pending delisting seems OTT.

-100 :'(.
That tackle n the GF is worth a contract extension.
What are we going to do? Get rid of him and bring in a dud like Lennon, Griffens, Ellis, or Vickery to replace him?.
There should be no rush in letting him go.
We should have 4 new kids on the list next year that's ok, but Townsend stays.

zippadeee said:
What are we going to do? Get rid of him and bring in a dud like Lennon, Griffens, Ellis, or Vickery to replace him?.
According to you we should trade Rance but keep Townsend, right.....

zippadeee said:
After his game in the preliminary i wouldve traded him.

zippadeee said:
Totally agree with you. We have Markov, Naish, Baker, Balta, CCJ, Menadue, Moore and another four coming in November, with another couple of spots for delisted free agents.

At this stage I would still pick Towner over all of them. It's another story when we get to this time next year but we've offloaded plenty of mid range to meddling players and Towner has different skills to all of them.

tigertim said:
According to you we should trade Rance but keep Townsend, right.....

Rance's drops his bundle and it goes through the team. He had okish year but when he was down the entire team copped it.
His performance in the Preliminary final was the worse ive seen him play since the early years.