Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

So when do they decide on Towner?
Can't be too far off.
I too hope he stays.
The Tackling Tiger.

Well it would be staggering if he isn’t.

We’ve got our flag 22 intact
Add lynch short and Higgins

Then

soldo (8) Menadue (33) Drummo (5) baker (3)
Moore (8)
Chol (1) Markov (15) Bolton (9)
Garthwaite (2)

Cj. (0) Balta (0)
Miller. (0) DES. (0) Naish (0)

If Craig McRae can get us into the top 8 ( V F L ) in 2019 that would be a huge achievement minus Miles, C Ellis, Stengle, Lloyed and Conca at other clubs plus Griff and Hamson ret (no impact/contribution in 2018).

We would need a very good run of injuries and the development of our 2018 draft pics as well as the likes of Menadue, Bolton and Markov doing everything right to press into the 22.

I don't mind Townsend. pretty tough baby face. hope we keep him. think we will.

gold1 said:
But what has been his fall from grace? Should be entrenched in the side IMO

Depth player. Just a bit too slow. Tough as nails but his games this year were underwhelming. Last year his saving grace was his super accurate kicking for goal. Lost that this year a bit.

Based on the number of players out and draft picks we have, unless we go into '19 with a lower list than most I cant see him being delisted.

Based on all this does anyone know how many if any we still need to delist and with our draft picks all being used the size of our list?.

I for one wouldn’t mind seeing him smash some skulls for another year. lynch, Riewoldt, Townsend with the 3 smalls wouldn’t be bad at all imo

I liken him to Jay *smile* and given how Jay went at Port when we let him go think Towner should be kept.

2019 will likely be his last year with Tigers unless he can do something untoward as he did in 2017.

Maybe thats forever to be his crowning glory as a player and what a story it was.

The VFL side missed him in the end thats for certain.

Towner may not be the best around but he is one committed player and hard as nails. If the coaching group work on him close season he still could be a negating midfielder which from memory is what we got him for. Will never get any more leg speed but has something we could mould to suit our needs