Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Apart from the last 2 games in 2017, the GF and round 1, I dont think he played many good games. His tackling is outstanding and I wouldn't want him lining up Cotch or someone but his attacking game has hardly been there at AFL or VFL level since 2017

BrisTiger24 said:
Apart from the last 2 games in 2017, the GF and round 1, I dont think he played many good games. His tackling is outstanding and I wouldn't want him lining up Cotch or someone but his attacking game has hardly been there at AFL or VFL level since 2017
If he ends up at the Saints, Caddy Vs Townsend would be fun to watch

jb03 said:
You would be lucky to get pick 30 collectively for that lot

Lloyd and Conca has some "exposed" form, Cellis to a lessor extent..

we'll get something a bit better than 30 however..maybe point collecting activity..

Tiger17 said:
Lloyd and Conca has some "exposed" form, Cellis to a lessor extent..

we'll get something a bit better than 30 however..maybe point collecting activity..
I reckon there is much more to play out in this trade/draft period.

There are some players that we dont rate but lesser clubs would greatly benefit from our winning culture.

The thing is that Conca, C. Ellis and Miles would improve the list at the Saints or Suns. As for Townsend he has played in a GF and won.

What they bring to those clubs is a standard of professionalism that they need to set standards and those clubs will trade overs to get that experience for their young players

Having said that you can expect a few surprises better than 30 to come out of all of our player movement

When is Jnr available for drafting? 2019 or 2020? Collecting points for him now would make sense if it's next year.

Can clubs trade draft picks 2 years into the future as well? Or does Geelong need to try it on and have the AFL say "sure, go ahead" before it's allowed.?

richards42 said:
I want him to stay for depth firstly. Secondly he was a great story in our grand final year.

Yep, and thirdly, i'd rather him playing with us than against us.