Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

zgod said:
My favourite memory will be the absolute bone jarring hit on whatshisface from Melbourne.
Nafan Jones from Smelbourne n also that one on Crouch in the Grannie, both hits sweet as you could get. Poor Jones was doubled up twitchin n gibberin for a while.

TigerMasochist said:
Nafan Jones from Smelbourne n also that one on Crouch in the Grannie, both hits sweet as you could get. Poor Jones was doubled up twitchin n gibberin for a while.
[/quote he was as mess. The way towner launched at him was just fantastic.

Smoking Aces said:
Off to Saints according to Damien Barrett.

http://aflnation.com.au/2018/10/01/townsend-set-to-depart-tigers-with-two-teams-in-the-mix/

I reckon this is made up *smile* from Parrott Flog. Towner is still a chance to be in our first 22 if he really stated what Parrott Flog wrote.

TigerForce said:
I reckon this is made up *smile* from Parrott Flog. Towner is still a chance to be in our first 22 if he really stated what Parrott Flog wrote.

I'd rather Towner play in the bush if he's not with us.

I do not want Towner tackling $hai

zgod said:
He was a ripper.
Will always be tiger premiership player.
Those last weeks if 2017 were crucial in us winning the flag.
My favourite memory will be the absolute bone jarring hit on whatshisface from Melbourne.
Jeezus - sounds like he died and you are eulogising him.

The Mole said:
Jeezus - sounds like he died and you are eulogising him.
No it doesn't.
Just reviewed it, checked with a few people who are impartial and the general consensus is that you are wrong.

Tigertool said:
It'd be a shame to lose him, but I'll be happy just to see him playing senior AFL next year.

3rd round pick if we're lucky, but I reckon he's most likely to jag us a 4th round.

Good luck to him if he goes.
don't underestimate the Premiership player mark-up

On Sunday it was reported that Jacob wants to stay at the Tigers as he loves the club and his teammates. Today it seems he wants a trade and the Saints and the Suns are suitors. What a difference 24 hours make unless it is the press making up stories again

UKTiger said:
On Sunday it was reported that Jacob wants to stay at the Tigers as he loves the club and his teammates. Today it seems he wants a trade and the Saints and the Suns are suitors. What a difference 24 hours make unless it is the press making up stories again

Or he had his exit meeting today.

Think we’ve seen the best of him.
Had a great purple patch with us and became a premiership player.
Never to be forgotten.

Trade if possible

Low level clubs are getting better.

Townsend types won’t win you games but they lift standards.

Prefer he went to the Suns. Could C Ellis, Miles and Townsend plus our second rounder secure Jack Martin?

UKTiger said:

He is good good mates with Miles and can continue their journey together..?

James said:
Prefer he went to the Suns. Could C Ellis, Miles and Townsend plus our second rounder secure Jack Martin?
If not Jack Martin at least something decent.

If we are to lose Miles, C. Ellis, Townsend, Lloyd, Conca, Stengle and possibly even B. Ellis, the footy dept better have something other than Lynch up their sleeves.

At this rate we will go from the best depth to being two injuries from missing the eight

ahyeahnah said:
If not Jack Martin at least something decent.

If we are to lose Miles, C. Ellis, Townsend, Lloyd, Conca, Stengle and possibly even B. Ellis, the footy dept better have something other than Lynch up their sleeves.

At this rate we will go from the best depth to being two injuries from missing the eight

You would be lucky to get pick 30 collectively for that lot