Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Baloo said:
This week was a chance to test possibles. Instead from the selection they've gone for full strength of those available. Probably safe to say Towner isn't in the frame for a finals gig unless we have a few injuries
Yet Townsend was the travelling emergency last week when we didn't have as many out as we do this week.

Brettstigers said:
I get that Towner is on the outer but...lets get serious - its finals time. I was playing with the ladder predictor and like everyone else I reckon, I keep getting WC on GF day.

So why the hell are we playing Liam Baker in front of Townsend. And before everyone starts rabbiting on about development and getting games into kids do we really want to play Baker on McGovern on Grand Final day or do we want Townsend to do his nullifying and blocking role on the intercept mark king of the competition. Every other coach has played ladder predictor - Hardwick has to do it or at the very least get Mrs Hardwick on the case.

If the answer is yes we do then we need to get games into Towner now and have him up again for the final series because "the answer" to that last forward position sure as hell isn't Baker or Moore, not in 2018 anyway.

I reckon this is the key area by has dropped off this year. I don't think he has kept his opponent out of the contest like he did last year.

Brodders17 said:
Yet Townsend was the travelling emergency last week when we didn't have as many out as we do this week.

He's a strong lad. Can carry the Beatles luggage without too much effort.

Pity Towner hasnt been able to keep up his 2017 form as we need someone to stop Jack from being triple teamed by the opposition

I still think there is a role for Towner or Callum Moore in the finals. They triple teamed Jack and intercept marked a lot last night. That extra medium or tall might make the forward line function better and give Jack and Caddy more one on one contests.

Yep if he was in the mix surely this week would have been the game he would have been picked? I just can't see, when Caddy is playing predominantly forward that there is a possie for Townsend.

It's Higlet's form that has kept Townsend out I reckon. Caddy and Towner worked well together and had opposition property stewards packing extra Bonds for the half time break. But Higlet's ability to play forward but also run in the middle means there's no spot for Towner.

Done and dusted for the seniors.
Hope he has a stand out series during September for the VFL side.
Needs to remind the selectors of what he has to offer.
Isn't he on a short-term contract?
Could even be on the draft table come season's end, maybe.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Isn't he on a short-term contract?

Pretty sure he was given a 1year contract by us after the grand final, so he'd be up for renewal or trade or airtasker

Baloo said:
Pretty sure he was given a 1year contract by us after the grand final, so he'd be up for renewal or trade or airtasker

Thanks.
Needs to be prominent then for the VFL side in the finals if he is to secure an extension, it would seem.
Wouldn't be on much money I am imagining.

apparently JT rolled his ankle and on crutches yesterday.

any updates/insights?

Brodders17 said:
That would be a blow to our premiership chances in the VFL.

maybe just rolled it, which can settle pretty quick (exhibit A - Reecy C).

he wasnt putting too much weight on the crutches singing the song, but maybe his teammates were holding him up?

fingers crossed. VIP

If this bloke was in good health and in the form of this time last year he would be very handy to play on Sicily in the first final.

He would drive Sicily insane and put him off his game completely.

Yeah, Townsend on Sicily would have been fun to watch. Good chance Sicily would have gotten an enforced holiday the following week.

In 2018 when Towner plays

Jack, George, Martin and Caddy average 2 goals and 250m gained better.

The team averages 7 more clearances presumably because Martin and Caddy spend more time up the ground.

Was hoping he would replace one of Houli, Ellis or Conca, no loss in metres and infinite increase in fear factor.