Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

taking several "half marks" - not sticking them as they did late last year. Could have easily had 2-3 easy set shots last Friday night. Combination of timing and confidence not just there at the moment for Jacob.

Tigers of Old said:
Towner in not in my best 22. 7 possessions does not cut it. Also thought he was very poor toward the end of the game vs the Cats.
Same. LLoyd gives us more, and can also do his share in the midfield.

Also I still reckon we should be blooding a second tall. Moore, CCJ, Balta, whoever. Particularly seeing that we are playing GC this week.

If Jack goes down we have absolutelty no back up plan. It could cost us dearly.

looks the goods last year.

really has not carried on his good form last year.

might make good trade bait

He is a big part why we are so good. Moore doeent bring the aggression required to play that 'stopper/blocker' roll.
Townsend mightve touched it the other night but his work to clear grass for jack was unbelievable.
He is the 2nd selected for me behind higgins.

Not doing enough for mine. Still needs to kick his fair share of goals to maintain his spot. He was damaging last year because he kicked 16 goals in 5 games. This year he's managed 12 in 10. He's down many of the key defensive stats compared to last year. One who is fighting with others for that last forward position.

I am a fan but needs to take his chances and kick straight. Will need to improve to keep his spot. Thought he was better last week

Give Townsend a break.

It’s not his fault that his direct opponent almost always goes off injured, leaving Towner with nothing to do.

tigerlove said:
Not doing enough for mine. Still needs to kick his fair share of goals to maintain his spot. He was damaging last year because he kicked 16 goals in 5 games. This year he's managed 12 in 10. He's down many of the key defensive stats compared to last year. One who is fighting with others for that last forward position.

Of the 16 in 5 games, he kicked 11 in 2 in round 22 and 23. Take that out and his performance this year mirrors the rest of his games last year (ie finals)

We just look more balanced and dangerous when he plays. Maybe its the goodwill of last year rubbing off, but I just feel more comfortable with him in the side.

Remember the days where we used to trade picks for average players from good teams and thought they were gold !!

Townsend,C.Ellis,Miles,Lloyd Should all be played this week and watch them dominate

Love what he brings to the team when in form. We need to keep playing him and get him into some form for the finals.

A finals man. Needs a contest to contest affair.

Could be crucial in setting the tone in tense first halves. I’d back him in.

I think in finals , pretty football tends to go out the window a bit and it becomes more of a scrappy dog fight ,

I think that’s where he may come in handy

We say Townsend needs a final to dominate, but he didn't really. He played well and he was a part of our winning side, but he didn't get that many possessions, nor did he dominate on the scoreboard, his 2 big scores that made everyone sit up and take notice of him were against Freo and the Saints, neither team made finals and were both pretty well done by the time we played them late in the season. His next biggest score was against the Blues in Rd 1 of this year. He may very well do something against the Suns, but I wouldn't count on him replicating last years finals form.