Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

ninjahaha said:
The way Moore came in knee first was of greater concern I reckon!

Moore is just a dipshit. He looks like a bloke that his teammates don't talk too.
What's with blonde streaks? Is he the new member of Phesdo Echo?

TigerMasochist said:
Geez ToOheys. Howe wasn't airborne n Towner didn't go in under him so definitely no tunneling, 'twas just a bit of a nudge within a pack, happens a hundred times a weekend. Also believe it was Moore coming the other way into the contest with the protective knee up that got Howe, not Grundypants. Still friendly fire but the blond with the alice, not the bogan with the pony.

Yeah, no way you could suspend him for it because it does happen a lot but I've no doubt Jacob gave him a little nudge into the oncoming traffic.

Tigers of Old said:
Yeah, no way you could suspend him for it because it does happen a lot but I've no doubt Jacob gave him a little nudge into the oncoming traffic.

Good.

zippadeee said:
Moore is just a dipsh!t. He looks like a bloke that his teammates don't talk too.
What's with blonde streaks? Is he the new member of Phesdo Echo?

Hey! I like Phesdo Echo. :mad:
Bloody classic

Tigers of Old said:

All about intent though. He gave him a shove but it seemed more about getting off balance/out of the contest than deliberately pushing him onto traffic

Tigers of Old said:

Yeah but it was a shove into a pack not a Cameron dog act. Worlds apart I reckon. No way J_Town calculated Moores knee and Howes bonce and timed his push.

KnightersRevenge said:
Yeah but it was a shove into a pack not a Cameron dog act. Worlds apart I reckon. No way J_Town calculated Moores knee and Howes bonce and timed his push.

I said that already & that’s what gets him off. Obviously different to Cameron’s but still think it’s a dangerous practice. I’ve little doubt he knew what he was doing to upset Howe’s movements. It’s not just Jacob that does it either. Happens plenty.

KnightersRevenge said:
Moore’s act was a dangerous front on spoil. If he had hit a Richmond player it would have been a free and probably reportable. Moore’s fault entirely. In every contested pack mark situation there are pushed, shoves and hold going on.

The Mole said:
Moore’s act was a dangerous front on spoil. If he had hit a Richmond player it would have been a free and probably reportable. Moore’s fault entirely. In every contested pack mark situation there are pushed, shoves and hold going on.

Exactly. Some rubbish being spouted, firstly by Andy Maher and then on here.

Towner does a lot of blocking for Jack. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed and doesn't appear in the stats but is valuable nonetheless.. He does have to improve his one on one / one on two ball winning though.

Tigers of Old said:
Towner in not in my best 22. 7 possessions does not cut it. Also thought he was very poor toward the end of the game vs the Cats.
He is warming the seat for Lynch.

Tigers of Old said:
Towner in not in my best 22. 7 possessions does not cut it. Also thought he was very poor toward the end of the game vs the Cats.

Fair enough Oldy. I thought Towner had an almost game against the Cats. He almost took about 3 contested marks.

While I really love the idea of Towner in a finals campaign,

I can see that barring injury, he probably wont fit.

Big call on who offers more out of he & Moore, Townsend brings more of the physical side of things & is a better kick for goal, but Moore brings more athleticism , better leading options etc

French Tiger said:
Big call on who offers more out of he & Moore, Townsend brings more of the physical side of things & is a better kick for goal, but Moore brings more athleticism , better leading options etc

its a tough one alright.

no doubt the MC would be asking Jack who he prefers.