Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Baloo said:
Agree. This might be Towners last chance to cement a spot on the finals list

Are broken bones included in any stats?
Packbuster today will be like Bull only seeing Red. I feel sorry for anyone near him today.
When he tackles it hurts watching it.

I think his use by date is now over. Did his job last year but now not good enough. Perfect trade bait for Gold Coast. Premiership player that will give them some toughness.

MorrisMinor said:
Thought he was a very valuable player today... not sure what others are seeing?

I agree. But also made a few mistakes. a few dropped marks and a bigger up that cost a goal.

Thought the mistakes were half chances at best. As always good work off the ball but needs to get some of it himself to hold his position against a good replacement. Good enough, not sure Moore would have done better.

MorrisMinor said:

he was, came back well after a shaky start. The lack of awareness after taking the mark at CHF was a bit of a clanger, but he smashed in and kicked a goal, which is what he's there for.

Other than that shocking awareness in the 3rd that turned a certain goal for us into a turnover and goal for them, thought he played his role ok.

Played his role made all back men accountable and would have scared a few as well
Defensive pressure and not shirking the issue is what we needed and got it

was one of our best in the last quarter when we need players to stand up.

towner stays

MorrisMinor said:

Thought the same. Killed howe. Smashed penderbury
Help set up jack several times.
He scares the opposition, they were booting it out of defence to none. Because of his tackling.
I liked the way he plays