Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

After watching him up close at Sandy, I really get why he has the rep he does. He was unbelievably aggressive and had a real presence. Just ask No.2 for Sandy, he was on the end of it.
Towner is much bigger through the lemon sars and legs than I thought.
Definite smokey for this week which could be rather brutal - look out Darcy Moore..

he had 24 or 26 tackles for that game!! and he hurt some players

that is a solid stat

he is ready!!

nswtiger said:

that is a solid stat

he is ready!!

OMG.

With Jack Graham out, he must come in.

nswtiger said:

that is a solid stat

he is ready!!

Huh? He had 9 tackles. Took 3 contested marks. He did have a pretty solid game against Sandy.

tigerlove said:
Huh? He had 9 tackles. Took 3 contested marks. He did have a pretty solid game against Sandy.

maybe NSW means implied tackles?

Bring him in already!! He brings so much more to the team than the likes of Menadue and Moore!!!!

Merveille said:
After watching him up close at Sandy, I really get why he has the rep he does. He was unbelievably aggressive and had a real presence. Just ask No.2 for Sandy, he was on the end of it.
Towner is much bigger through the lemon sars and legs than I thought.
Definite smokey for this week which could be rather brutal - look out Darcy Moore..
Was a joy to watch. Towner gets the tackle out he does some damage.

sorry I might have dreamed that tackle count ......................

but he is capable of that tackle number ...........

he is ready to return............. I do think its a strategy .playing him in the seconds for most of the season and only bring him back in for the last 4-5 games ...........just to top him off ............

from the Tiger website

Jacob Townsend

21 disposals, eight marks, nine tackles, three clearances and three contested marks

“Powerful game—strong marks, laid nine tackles and won plenty of the footy.”

nswtiger said:
sorry I might have dreamed that tackle count ......................

but he is capable of that tackle number ...........

he is ready to return............. I do think its a strategy .playing him in the seconds for most of the season and only bring him back in for the last 4-5 games ...........just to top him off ............

from the Tiger website

Jacob Townsend

21 disposals, eight marks, nine tackles, three clearances and three contested marks

“Powerful game—strong marks, laid nine tackles and won plenty of the footy.”

Like I said NSW, Jake inflicts so much pain in a tackle, that the opposition panic when he is in the vicinity.

he laid at least 15 implied tackles

a new stat for Champion data called the Jacob Townsend stat..........................implied tackles

I like it alot!!!

unleash him now!

nswtiger said:
a new stat for Champion data called the Jacob Townsend stat..........................implied tackles

I like it alot!!!

unleash him now!
:clap. Implied tackles, only Towner could get away with frightening the crap out of the opposition like this.

nswtiger said:

I like it alot!!!

unleash him now!
Wish granted

Put him on Howe and get him to whisper in his ear before the game, "you're going to be really sore tomorrow".