Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Tigers of Old said:
Makes you wonder if they're now looking past him?

Unfortunately i think so.

He got off to a great start by flying under the radar and having such low expectations. Who would have thunk he would kick 11 goals in 2 games?

Has looked far too slow in his appearances this year. No good having a crunching tackle if you can't catch your opponent.

I worry he will be a 1-year-wonder. And that's definitely better than the 0-year-wonder I thought he might have been early days

Watching the VFL game thought he looked like he had his mojo back.

Some of his tackles ( well most of them ) were GF like with intent to hurt. against the Holy Trinity and with their inexperienced backline he would have had them looking over their shoulders and rushing kicks.

Weather being the way it may be Sunday I would have swapped Moore for Towner.

Tigers of Old said:
Makes you wonder if they're now looking past him?

Doesn't matter - He may never have the athletic qualities needed to hold his spot in a top four AFL side, BUT he did for five games and got a premiership medal and a life membership at Richmond.

His under-the-radar career peak if that is what it proves to be - got him some rich rewards.

Anyway, he is still well in contention this year regardless of whether he gets Lynched at the end of the year.

Still half a chance to sneak into the side late. Wet n greasy today so a big hard rugby style tackler will get plenty of opportunities to cause some pain in and around the contested slippery ball.
Fold the bastards up Towner n mail em back home.

TigerMasochist said:
Still half a chance to sneak into the side late. Wet n greasy today so a big hard rugby style tackler will get plenty of opportunities to cause some pain in and around the contested slippery ball.
Fold the bastards up Towner n mail em back home.

Hahahahaha great.

Emergency n doing his warm up with the rest of the crew. Late sneaky chance still? If Buzza is switched out of the Moggies side than Garp might not have a match up.