Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

He may well come back in. I reckon we've looked a bit weaker in recent times with him out of the side & certainly we were out muscled by Port. All teams need an enforcer or two. Cotch really needed someone to ragdoll his taggers (Jackson, Towner). We've seen this happen before.

He was like a man possessed against Willi.

Tackled like he wanted to cave someone’s rib cage.

But also got his marking back. Played both forward and midfield and was our best.

Agree. Will be a better fwd option than Moore against Geelong. Harder body, smarter player and no fear. Need these attributes to match Cat defenders. Butler was disappointing last week, so Moore or Butler to take a break.........

Maybe Towner could fold that Blicavs bloke in half n mail him back to Kardiddlin park. Reckon I could enjoy that.

If Rioli is selected, will the Tigers also bring in Townsend? Martin is surely a lock for Miles so 3 unforced changes for the one week? Then there's Graham. Not usually the done thing. I think only 1 of Rioli or Townsend will be selected.

Jacob looked really good at VFL level. Complete game, tackling, marking, clean around ground balls.

Comes in I reckon.

tigerman said:
It won't happen, but i'd like see Towner play midfield against the Cats, he'd have Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood looking over their shoulders.
He would have been handy in that role against the Powers bigger midfielders.

After watching Towner spend some time in the midfield against Williamstown i think it just might happen.

Really hope that Towner gets a game this week, he was really good against the Gulls and i'd like to see he and Jack G rotating through the midfield.

rain :p like they nailed last Fridays forecast. Wait and see and have some late out if the deck is slippery. Perhaps Miles get one more crack - 20 disposals - 1 goal, not our worst. Add Dusty and Grahame in there and he has some mates to fish the ball out!