Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

It won't happen, but i'd like see Towner play midfield against the Cats, he'd have Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood looking over their shoulders.
He would have been handy in that role against the Powers bigger midfielders.

tigerman said:
It won't happen, but i'd like see Towner play midfield against the Cats, he'd have Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood looking over their shoulders.
He would have been handy in that role against the Powers bigger midfielders.

Does he have the tank to play mid though? I'm not so sure but if he does, it could be a handy player to rotate through there for us.

Liked his game too!

I wouldn't be against him coming in and also rotating through the midfield with instructions if either of the Holly Trinity are there to be tackled go through them rugby style tackle that he loves to do and is renown for.

Nomorewaiting said:
Liked his game too!

I wouldn't be against him coming in and also rotating through the midfield with instructions if either of the Holly Trinity are there to be tackled go through them rugby style tackle that he loves to do and is renown for.

x2

100% he should be included. We Have missed that mongrel and toughness.
I hope he puts Stewart in one of those 'JonesCrouch' tackles

11 tackles... With Graham out resting/finding him some form - why can't Townsend play the run with role and leave Moore up forward or rotate with him?

Graham isn't particularly quick so Townsend's lack of pace isn't a trade down and you can't fault his defensive pressure. Also if Moore is getting blanketed you can swap him in to unbalance the opposition defense.

Feels like a plan.

Nomorewaiting said:
Liked his game too!

Could you imagine Selwoods face, must be a free, no-ones allowed to touch me. (arms outstretched with that dopey look on his face).

Graham is quicker than Towner and has a bigger tank. Towner couldn't keep up with VFL players at times yesterday. He's a forward.

spook said:
Graham is quicker than Towner and has a bigger tank. Towner couldn't keep up with VFL players at times yesterday. He's a forward.

Yep. He struggles at times keeping up with players just playing forward due to lack of pace. Forward or nothing imo.

tigerlove said:
Yep. He struggles at times keeping up with players just playing forward due to lack of pace. Forward or nothing imo.

Yes he struggles to keep up, but when he does, they struggle to get up :eek: ;)

I think he goes a lot better with the 3 amigos in the team. They balance his lack of pace and allows him to concentrate on competing in the air and killing people, rather then chasing tail.