Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Much preferred Moore;s game today, leading and drawing defenders and jumping crashing packs to the role that Towner has been asked to play at the moment.
Towner seems to have become far too defensive minded.

Remember not so long ago when a 'nothing to lose' Towner kicked about 15 goals in three games at the end of 2017 home and away?
Give me that Towner back for now please, and maybe dial back to defensive Towner in the finals cauldron games if needed then.

Kind of our very own Jeckyl & Hyde!

BillyJean17 said:
Rubbish, he had zero impact last few games
We miss his grunt. sure he can fumble but to counter that he can kick straight as well as marking. Sadly Moore didn't give enough on Saturday to retain his position. Only my opinion though

UKTiger said:
We miss his grunt. sure he can fumble but to counter that he can kick straight as well as marking. Sadly Moore didn't give enough on Saturday to retain his position. Only my opinion though

Yep.. Townsend by a county mile. A pacy forward that cant mark or a packbuster that kicks well and puts fear into defenders

UKTiger said:

I think Moore will retain his spot and did do enough. I don't think Moore and Townsend are like for like players. I think who plays depends on match ups. You don't need a purely defensive forward every game and that's what Townsend is. The opposition have worked him out and he's not getting the goal opportunities he had previously. The Townsend honeymoon, as good as it was, is probably over.

zippadeee said:
Must come back in this week. Out Moore

Sorry Zips, can't see Moore being dropped for Townsend. Moore did ok and Townsend didn't set the world on fire in the reserves.

tha8ball said:
Send him to that tough guy Goddard!

Id be tempted to run Broad on Goddard and just put body on him all night he'd hate it and it would cut out his free posession gathering.

craig said:
Id be tempted to run Broad on Goddard and just put body on him all night he'd hate it and it would cut out his free posession gathering.

Which would then give him more time to yell at teammates

Just had a bit of a look at the VFL stream against the Maggots within 30 seconds i see Townser smash a Collingwood player out of a pack who hit the deck faster and harder than ive seen a bloke put down in quite a while :hihi :hihi :hihi

I miss him to, just wondering can he and moore both play at the expense of one of the smaller guys either Castagna or butler

tempany14 said:
I miss him to, just wondering can he and moore both play at the expense of one of the smaller guys either Castagna or butler
With Moore taking 6 marks and 5 shots at goal , he keeps townso out

Cant see it happening.

The forward line and midfield are where the changes and pressure are coming for selection, all because that is where the Tigers machine starts its momentum

George fit and healthy is quick and wins contested ball and puts lots of pressure on, he walks back in, as will Daniel and Dion i reckon.

The back 7 is almost in stone now its the bed rock unless poor form strikes or injury or suspension.

tempany14 said:

Castagna is our most improved so big no and I do think we need Butlers speed.

taztiger4 said:
Towner hurt his lower leg yesterday & missed the last 1/4

I was wondering whether he was injured when he was in his tracksuit top after the game and when singing the song.

tigerman said:
I was wondering whether he was injured when he was in his tracksuit top after the game and when singing the song.

I saw him getting out of his car @ the club this morning, walked OK but had a compression bandage on his lower right leg

taztiger4 said:
I saw him getting out of his car @ the club this morning, walked OK but had a compression bandage on his lower right leg

Damm, sounds like a calf strain.