Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Harry said:
Losing his spark. I'd give moore a go who is bigger and faster. Can provide another tall option.

Ive been starting to think about this one ,

Whats his defensive work like ?

Jonesracing82 said:
He was on him at one point but it may no difference.

He should have been on him the whole game, in his face, niggling him, jabbing his rib cage, not allowing him a free run at the ball. This is Towners game, to stop the intercepters. This is what made him last year. He's not quick enough to apply forward pressure, not a good mark and can't rely on him to kick goals. Poor coaching unfortunately

Harry said:
He should have been on him the whole game, in his face, niggling him, jabbing his rib cage, not allowing him a free run at the ball. This is Towners game, to stop the intercepters. This is what made him last year. He's not quick enough to apply forward pressure, not a good mark and can't rely on him to kick goals. Poor coaching unfortunately

Not always easy for a forward to pick up a back as that backmen then just follows another forward. This 2 on 1 then allows a loose player elsewhere.

jb03 said:
Not always easy for a forward to pick up a back as that backmen then just follows another forward. This 2 on 1 then allows a loose player elsewhere.

As long as their loose player isn't McGovern then I'll take the 2 on 1. Assuming he then goes to jack the overall advantage is to us

Have seen nothing from him this year , post r1 that warrants his place in a side of this caliber. As mentioned his kicking has deserted him, takes few marks , shots on goal becoming a rarity . Moore needs to be exposed to senior footy urgently

Has had too many games where he hasn't impac6ed much this year. He's kicked 10.7 in his 8 games this year but the problem is he's failed to score in 4 of those 8 games.

jb03 said:

Exactly. And the opposition can exploit that if they're smart.

Love Towner, however I’m not sure his impacting the scoreboard or goal assists enough, in saying that I’m more then happy to back Dimma an co with what they think is best. Again the VFL boys have to do more to push him out.

Not offering much. Prefer a Menadue or Markov to come in for him. Even if they have to play a negating role in the fwd half.

Saw this on Townsend's Twitter feed. He's entered into the MS Walk.
https://www.mswalk.org.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=20395

Love the grunt that Towner has brought to the team, but he has to hit the scoreboard as well. Hope he finds a bit of form in the magoos.

NSW Tiger is gonna be pissed.

I love watching Jacob smash opposition defenders but his scoreboard impact and his damage counts have been down and thats his paycheck, if he aint bringing goals and pain to the opposition he wont play.

NSW Tiger needs to give the great man a pep talk. We need him back up and running for the finals.

How dare they drop pack buster.
We better have a ambulance on stand by at the Swinburne Centre.

Tigers of Old said:
Has the Towner bubble burst? Be a shame if it was over but if this is the end he'll forever be remembered for his 2017 heroics.

Relax jack. He is a kid. He will be back