Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

leon said:
Yes, but as Leppa repeated, they're preparing him to be a swing-man. What about just to track and compete with McGovern? Need someone to take the extreme pressure off Jack R. too. Should be Chol's opportunity but just isn't up to it still, it appears.

McGovern would rip Balta a new one. Once Balta starts beating up on his own opponents in the VFL then he may get his opportunity. Letting him loose now against the 2nd team on the ladder playing in WA doesn't seem logical to me.

Harry said:
Towner to smash McGovern at every contest

hopefully he does not have to - we are lowering the eyes better than we have for 30 years and not continually kicking it to the opposition. One thing to note despite their size is Catagna and Butler compete VERY well in the air. Towner needs to keep working with the 3 smalls, Jack and resting mid to keep this fantastic pressure up all game. And convert (been off the boil of late) too.

Harry said:
Towner to smash McGovern at every contest

Nah ... As if.

One's a proven AFL top performer, probably the best intercept mark going around; the other a battling journeyman not that blessed with any great footballing gifts, other than hardness and effort. Bit of realism required.

With Towner losing his kicking boots he no longer offers anything of substance. The odd rugby tackle doesn’t cut it anymore. Worked well last year but time for this experiment to be shelved for the time being. Would rather Moore given a chance.

Townser and Lloydy will both be under the hammer, but Townsers output is dropping hes not even hitting the scoreboard hard enough now, he has already been dropped once and may be a casualty come Thursday.

Butler may be another, Grigg certainly needs to be looked at long term, give him his 200th and possibly start getting games into his replacement

Losing his spark. I'd give moore a go who is bigger and faster. Can provide another tall option.

Love Towner.. his efforts last year will never ever be forgotten. However zero goals, 3 tackles and 12 pressure acts just ain’t going to cut it. Can’t afford Townsend, Butler and Castagna to have 1 goal and 9 tackles combined. Just not enough return from 3 pressure fwds.