Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

easy said:
Higlet out for Rioli? tend to agree.

you definitely want Towner riding along with you in September.
Actually by years end Higgo may have gone past Butler, much much better footballer imho , but as we know it’s the whole forward half unit that does the trick.

kiwitiger said:
Basically omitted 2 forwards in Towner and Lloyd ,

Brought in one in caddy , and a mid in graham ,

I think logic says dusty will be spending a fair bit of time forward ,

I think it’s fair to say dusty in the forward 50 will give them more problems than Townsend ,

Hard to fault their thinking

Pretty sure a couple of weeks back we brought in 2 forwards for one backman, so I think it's just levelling the ledger.

Mr Brightside said:
Actually by years end Higgo may have gone past Butler, much much better footballer imho , but as we know it’s the whole forward half unit that does the trick.
Mr Brightside, I dont think these 2 are in the same position. The newby cannot run anywhere nearly as good as Butler. I reckon Butler and Rioli are closer to fighting for the same role. Aren't we in a damn good spot when we can have discussions like this.

HR said:
Mr Brightside, I dont think these 2 are in the same position. The newby cannot run anywhere nearly as good as Butler. I reckon Butler and Rioli are closer to fighting for the same role. Aren't we in a damn good spot when we can have discussions like this.
Great spot isn’t it HR , I don’t disagree with the roles, however a fit Rioli will be second picked in the forward half after Jack imho. More then likely all been well Higgins will go out in front of Butler, however I just see so much more upside in Higgo over Butler

DirtyDogTiger said:
I don’t have favourites but I think our 22 plus Soldo Conca short Higgins LLoyd C Ellis & Bolton is a pretty handy squad.

Id add Stengle to that list Double Dee

theglove3 said:
What was he doing with Lever start of one of the quarters?

Was hilarious.
Lever was in front of him right on the edge of the centre square (at CHF for Richmond City End) waiting for ball to be bounced and Towner was slighly behind him.
Towner would push/nudge his elbow and propel his arm forward.
Lever would sort of push back till Towner stopped.
Then he would start up again.

Happened 3/4 times I reckon. I thought it would have started a barney but nothing happened. Dopey Jakey just put up with it.
Did anyone else see it?

Was a cracker.

Prob reminding him of the last time he played Richmond on the G.

If anyone can find it or post it would be great for a laugh.

I assume he was continuing on from where he left off. All through the Grand Final J_Town was knuckle-punching the back of Lever's elbow. Just *smile* with him.

theglove3 said:
What was he doing with Lever start of one of the quarters?

Was hilarious.
Lever was in front of him right on the edge of the centre square (at CHF for Richmond City End) waiting for ball to be bounced and Towner was slighly behind him.
Towner would push/nudge his elbow and propel his arm forward.
Lever would sort of push back till Towner stopped.
Then he would start up again.

Happened 3/4 times I reckon. I thought it would have started a barney but nothing happened. Dopey Jakey just put up with it.
Did anyone else see it?

Was a cracker.

Prob reminding him of the last time he played Richmond on the G.

If anyone can find it or post it would be great for a laugh.

I assume he was continuing on from where he left off. All through the Grand Final J_Town was knuckle-punching the back of Lever's elbow. Just *smile* with him.

Must come straight back in. All collingwood defenders walked off the ground..just not good enough

tigerlove said:
I didn't. Thought we had the forward balance right.

agree. He adds a bit on mongrel in the forwardline.
His tackles hurt the opposition.

Should be back this week

Not arguing with him being dropped but in the first quarter when we didn't even look like dropping the red oval thing between the bigger of the four white stick things. I was wishing he was out there.

Brettstigers said:
Not arguing with him being dropped but in the first quarter when we didn't even look like dropping the red oval thing between the bigger of the four white stick things. I was wishing he was out there.
We didn’t put the red oval thing through all day... it was a yellow pill

I agree though, happy to back in selection but thought he’d have bobbed up for 1 or 2

IanG said:
I'd loved to have seen Towner ram Dunn's face into a fence.

Castagna bumped him and he went down like a bag of *smile*.
I would've paid to see bone crusher hit Penderbury or Sidebottom

Not sure Jacob will want to watch that replay he fumbled a lot and gave away several messy frees. Love him though.