Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

TOT70 said:
Fists of flimsy. Apt.

Does he go to Howe this week or to Jack Crisp? Crisp is playing the intercept marking loose man role because Buckley finally figured out that the defensive forwards all automatically sit on Howe.

I'm amazed we dropped Towner. Not displeased. He was on the edge of droppable but we usually nurture our way out of these situations. Looks like a change of policy to me. Fair enough. We are Preemiers.

I'm very disappointed he has been dropped. His tackle on jones was the highlight of the match for me last week. I am less confident about the game now.

Pandaboy said:
Didn't deserve to be dropped. Wouldn't have played Graham.

More I think about it the more I agree with this. Love what Graham has done since debut but not sure he should be an automatic selection.

Pandaboy said:
Didn't deserve to be dropped. Wouldn't have played Graham.

That's not the worst call. However after a rest, I fully expect Graham to tear it up against the Pies after a relatively moderate start to the season for him. His defensive pressure around the contest is extraordinary.

Tigers of Old said:
That's not the worst call. However after a rest, I fully expect Graham to tear it up against the Pies after a relatively moderate start to the season for him. His defensive pressure around the contest is extraordinary.

Yep, I think I read he's close to No.1 pressure midfielder in the competition.

nswtiger said:
it's a strategy to rest him

he is a ram in the contest and will not last the season playing the way he does

the team will miss him ...........but it's a long season .........................remember we are talking about MR sept here !!!!

:fing32

The simple way I look at Towners non selection is I’d rather Caddy in the team, however we have played our best footy in 37 years with him in the 22. Going to be interesting to see how our forward half and there back hold functions with no Towner?

Personally think this is our best 22 on paper except for Rioli, however doesn’t mean it will function the best, Towner will be back at some stage , injuries will come to the squad and they’ll be roles to play that only Towner can play

Mr Brightside said:
Personally think this is our best 22 on paper except for Rioli

Higlet out for Rioli? tend to agree.

you definitely want Towner riding along with you in September.

easy said:
Higlet out for Rioli? tend to agree.

you definitely want Towner riding along with you in September.
I think so at this stage et. There’s plenty of grunt in the side even without Towner, however Towners has special grunt ;D

Basically omitted 2 forwards in Towner and Lloyd ,

Brought in one in caddy , and a mid in graham ,

I think logic says dusty will be spending a fair bit of time forward ,

I think it’s fair to say dusty in the forward 50 will give them more problems than Townsend ,

Hard to fault their thinking

kiwitiger said:
Hard to fault their thinking

agree. the match committee won the flag reading PRE changes thread.

Mr Brightside said:
Towners has special grunt ;D

I think he may literally snap Lachy Whitfield in half in the granny this year.

easy said:
agree. the match committee won the flag reading PRE changes thread.

I think he may literally snap Lachy Whitfield in half in the granny this year.
For your sake I certainly hope he does