Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Rarely gets out marked Towner brings ball to ground for our smalls
Works unbelievably hard in a game
Not going anywhere

He makes me smile when the ball is near him. Something is about to happen.

What was he doing with Lever start of one of the quarters?

Was hilarious.
Lever was in front of him right on the edge of the centre square (at CHF for Richmond City End) waiting for ball to be bounced and Towner was slighly behind him.
Towner would push/nudge his elbow and propel his arm forward.
Lever would sort of push back till Towner stopped.
Then he would start up again.

Happened 3/4 times I reckon. I thought it would have started a barney but nothing happened. Dopey Jakey just put up with it.
Did anyone else see it?

Was a cracker.

Prob reminding him of the last time he played Richmond on the G.

If anyone can find it or post it would be great for a laugh.

Doc Townsend's the reigning light heavyweight champion, it's time to go up a division, and for starters why not take down Grundy. The bigger they are the harder they fall :eek:

zippadeee said:
$50 bucks he does the bone buster tackle on one of treloar, sodebottom or Howe

How would probably retire on the spot. Not a fan of contact is Howe...still carries some of that Dees softness

se7en said:
That's not in the spirit of the game

What? The $50 bucks or Jacob 'the Road Train' Townsend running over collingwoods's defence.

His Tackle on Jones is my highlight of this season.

Jones and Goodwin spent all morning searching for his Ribs somewhere in the City side goal square

How did Fists of Flimsy go Tuesday night? Jacob was well off his best and is a bit low in belief ATM but he did his defensive job well.

JimJessTorp said:
Feather, sorry Leaver, sorry Lever, had 18 disposals, 6 marks, 5 tackles.
Lever was ok, probably beat Towner on the night although if he had kicked the 2 snags he should have it would have been 50/50.

Although Lever was ok I am not sure he really had any real influence on the game

theglove3 said:
What was he doing with Lever start of one of the quarters?

Was hilarious.
Lever was in front of him right on the edge of the centre square (at CHF for Richmond City End) waiting for ball to be bounced and Towner was slighly behind him.
Towner would push/nudge his elbow and propel his arm forward.
Lever would sort of push back till Towner stopped.
Then he would start up again.

Happened 3/4 times I reckon. I thought it would have started a barney but nothing happened. Dopey Jakey just put up with it.
Did anyone else see it?

Was a cracker.

Prob reminding him of the last time he played Richmond on the G.

If anyone can find it or post it would be great for a laugh.
Yep, Lever busy pretending he was gunna punch Towners lights out, tough as a winter phlegmwad that Lever bloke. Seriously pissed off that Towner had a very quiet day, fumbled a couple n flubbed his two goal shots. Would have been a perfect game if he'd nailed those two goals and Lever instead of Jones.

Dyer'ere said:
How did Fists of Flimsy go Tuesday night? Jacob was well off his best and is a bit low in belief ATM but he did his defensive job well.

Fists of flimsy. Apt.

Does he go to Howe this week or to Jack Crisp? Crisp is playing the intercept marking loose man role because Buckley finally figured out that the defensive forwards all automatically sit on Howe.

Tigers of Old said:
Caddy has become pretty important to our setup for sure.

Makes an interesting thought.

Would we be better with Jack and Lloyd upfront, or Caddy and Lloyd?