Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Not sure if its already been mentioned, but I loved Brian Leys's speech when he presented rossy his jumper. Wasn't a big fan of him as a player (though i was young when he played), but what a passionate, genuine richmond man.

kyuss said:
Not sure if its already been mentioned, but I loved Brian Leys's speech when he presented rossy his jumper. Wasn't a big fan of him as a player (though i was young when he played), but what a passionate, genuine richmond man.

I loved it too, good to see he has a couple of sons.

kyuss said:

I didnt mind Leysey either he busted his arse and gave a stuff when our club and side was a shambles.

Often played out of his division and had to play on a lot of stars back then like Dermie, and Gary Senior.

kyuss said:

Just watched the presentation on the RFC website and was going to post something similar.
Well done Brian Leys and great to see he still has the passion he showed when he played! :clap

kyuss said:

He spoke very very impressively. Not a surprising thing when you read his resume since leaving the tigers. And you can imagine how proud and excited his sons would have been to be there. And it certainly was a day that Jack Ross won't forget in a hurry.

Tygrys said:
He spoke very very impressively. Not a surprising thing when you read his resume since leaving the tigers. And you can imagine how proud and excited his sons would have been to be there. And it certainly was a day that Jack Ross won't forget in a hurry.
I knew Leysy back in the day, good bloke. We forget he had a good career with Port Adelaide in the SANFL as well.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Naish is coming along but he doesn't have the X-factor of Bolton or the physical presence of Stack and Ross. He and Turner are more conventional: good signs but not necessarily off the charts in any single attribute. Hopefully over the next year they'll push past the list cloggers who have been rotating through the ones, and not become list clogger themselves.

Naish’s kicking skills are his X factor.

craig said:
I didnt mind Leysey either he busted his arse and gave a stuff when our club and side was a shambles.

Often played out of his division and had to play on a lot of stars back then like Dermie, and Gary Senior.

My thoughts also, Craig.
An unfashionable footballer who gave his all for the Tigers.

craig said:

I loved Leysey too, he wasn't our best player, but he gave his best every week and was as hard and as tough as they come.

TigerTribe5 said:
Just watched the presentation on the RFC website and was going to post something similar.
Well done Brian Leys and great to see he still has the passion he showed when he played! :clap

Leysyyyyyy!! Haven't seen him for years. Great speech even mentioned the late 80s/early 90s were a tough time. He had a funny way to run (limp?) but he definitely was a tough defender and, like Caddy, gave a bit of lip to not only opposition players but also supporters.

Definitely tough times as a supporter but all fun looking back to the days with KB as coach.

Was never the most talented player and would have really just about always been in our bottom 5/6 players that played in that Era, But i remember he had a terrible kick on him and my mate used to lose it every time he kicked and turned it over and his usual words were - Ohh please handball dont kick the thing

Hope his boys a good

rinso17 said:
Watched the game a feew times and focussed on Ross.

Joel Selwood MK2

I didn't see Ross duck and try to get cheap free kicks. He played the ball and game.

kyuss said:

Noticed he had 3 sons.

More possible father/son players

craig said:

Brought back memories of the fallen years. We were a shambles and wins were a bonus, but going to the footy was less of a hassle back then.

Didn't know he grew up a Tiger supporter. I've watched all of the jumper presentations on the website. This one stands out for me. Here's a humble bloke who wasn't blessed with the most talent, but gave his absolute all and his passion for the club shines through. Good onya Leysey, would love for your boys to be good enough to follow your footsteps and pull on the Yellow & Black!!