Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tha8ball said:
His inclusion might do wonders for Dusty and Cotchin.

On the other hand - the standout performance of Ross together with Balta impressing as the backup ruckman - probably pushes Grigg a little further back in the queue.
Now it's early days and lots can happen in a short time (including very unexpected things as we've discovered in the last few weeks) - but in the ideal world it'd be good to see both Ross and Balta holding their spots.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He's 18 going on 25.

18 going on 28 I reckon. Geez. This is pretty funny too.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-04-13/jack-ross-the-manchild

Not resting on his laurels or past glories (Butler etc).

Wanted to be part of it he's got hunger that's what this side needs to sharpen it up and get the gears greased again.

Stackman also brings it.

Proper footballer. Just a natural and true midfielder. One grab player, tough and hard and clean skills as well.

That contested mark he took on the wing late in the game showed maturity beyond his years.

Well done to the recruiters for jagging this gem in the 40s.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Can you believe we had two x 1st year players and 2 x 2nd year players in one of our best ever modern home and away wins?
Yes DDT-4 Teenagers & they all provide a spark when the older guys like Edwards Lynch & Grimes were interviewed post match they were upbeat about the energy they bring & the way it galvanised the team.
4-10year players,so a lot to look forward to,throw in Baker a real little goer also with footy smarts & young Maurice Jnr & Richmond’s on the up & up.

I sidetracked myself.
Jack Ross’ debut just brilliant,really composed,looks like he belongs.
We’ve acquired ANOTHER pure footballer
Dimmer suggested injuries/suspensions bring opportunities,how right he was.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Can you believe we had two x 1st year players and 2 x 2nd year players in one of our best ever modern home and away wins?

a mate asked about them today and i said, "Look who they've been hanging around with"

Brimmy said:
Yes DDT-4 Teenagers & they all provide a spark when the older guys like Edwards Lynch & Grimes were interviewed post match they were upbeat about the energy they bring & the way it galvanised the team.
4-10year players,so a lot to look forward to,throw in Baker a real little goer also with footy smarts & young Maurice Jnr & Richmond’s on the up & up.
Naish jnr seems to get pretty good reviews on here, from those whom have watched him play. Quite an intelligent footballer for a young fella, seems to be the consensus. So perhaps add him to that list too?

And the Tasmanian kid, Fraser Turner seems to be turning heads, with plenty of upside. A reasonably late draft pick he was too.

Best young prospects at VFL that are showing a lot are CCJ, Naish, Turner, Garthwaite. Could also add DES based on his early season form (amazing change from last year's finals series).

Probably reasonable to label RCD as a "project player", still adjusting to rigors of AFL but nothing to be concerned about.

Not expecting too much from the other kids at this early stage.

Naish is coming along but he doesn't have the X-factor of Bolton or the physical presence of Stack and Ross. He and Turner are more conventional: good signs but not necessarily off the charts in any single attribute. Hopefully over the next year they'll push past the list cloggers who have been rotating through the ones, and not become list clogger themselves.