Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Tigers of Old said:
Must get picked. Clearances are king with these current setups. Gotta do all we can to strengthen that area.
Agree.

We have been able to get away with losing clearances because of the cover we had behind the ball. This has now gone and we are getting exposed.

I'd be surprised if they bring in Balta, Garthwaite and Ross in the one week. I think Hardwick will put it on last week's midfield to lift and bring in the two talls for Grimes and Jack.

craig said:
BRING HIM IN, we need contested ball winners and blokes who will have a crack.

Why not, he couldn’t be worse then the 18 bludgers we had on thurzdey night

Called him in last week. Get rid of the Marcov's and Ellis people. They are never going to take us forward.

I think he will come in this week I've got a sneaky feeling Jake Aarts may also get his debut this week.

TigerTribe5 said:
He’s in Coaches Corner today so a likely in this week.

Balta was on coach's corner last week and got dropped ::), but yes I expect Ross to be named.

tigerlove said:
Averaged 33 disposals and 11 contested in the 2 VFL practice matches? Get him in now.
When was the last time we had a genuine midfielder in his first year get those numbers at VFL level?

caesar said:
Balta was coach's corner last week and got dropped ::), but yes I expect Ross to be named.

Reckon Balta was a victim of Rance's injury - and when that happened he went back to learn how to play full-back i.e. it wasn't really a case of being "dropped".

But there should be a spot for Ross for sure this week.

I'm ok either way but I was kinda hoping Fly would get to spend a season or so with Jack Ross.

Fly does round players out to professional levels but maybe more importantly he provides an environment in which their strengths can flourish.

We haven't had a real VFA game yet. But 33 touches as a base line in two praccy games at the level is striking for an 18yo.

The sub 3.0 20m is a very important number. It means that he can get there. If the bad guys get on the break he's not a spectator. We can train him to hunt but if he can't gallop what's the point?

He's a unit. He's got an athletic profile. He has BWA. Quick thinking? That's the thing he hasn't showcased yet. Smart fast, aggressive hands is usually the tell tale.

This kid is orthodox from my very limited obs at AFL praccy and VFA praccy games. Maybe, given his precocious BWA, and given our pronounced weakness there, we just have to play him.

But my impression has been that McRae can prepare this youngster to be all that he can be. Give him that Craig McRae balance of challenge and encouragement.

On a side note it might be a bit of a kick in the arse to a few of our champions if a teenager finds it easier to get the ball than they do.

Kid won't be able to run out a full game. Limited minutes on ball will hurt, particularly as our senior mids seem to be doing a lot of ball watching at the moment....

Aegean Tiger said:
Kid won't be able to run out a full game. Limited minutes on ball will hurt, particularly as our senior mids seem to be doing a lot of ball watching at the moment....

Why not? Video of him they say he has improved his endurance already tremendously. You don't get 33 disposals even at VFL level if you can't run out a game. I know AFL is higher intensity but that doesn't necessarily equate to more running.