Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Smoking Aces said:
Must be getting close for a call up.

Ross 21 disposals (11 kicks 10 handballs) 2 marks 8 tackles

Twitter feed stated 10 tackles, so may have been even better.

mrposhman said:
Twitter feed stated 10 tackles, so may have been even better.

We need to recruit players who get tackled 10 times a game.
Means they are first to the ball and getting hands on it. If they are disposing of it efficiently and legally ( not vital if you play for W.B ) then tackle stats are useless.
My youngest loved to tackle and it was a challenge to change him back to a ball hunter that he used to be when tackling was forbidden in junior underage football ( up to under 11s in many leagues ) He then went on to win a league b&f and it wasn’t for his tackling stats.

Dont Argue said:
We need to recruit players who get tackled 10 times a game.
Means they are first to the ball and getting hands on it. If they are disposing of it efficiently and legally ( not vital if you play for W.B ) then tackle stats are useless.
My youngest loved to tackle and it was a challenge to change him back to a ball hunter that he used to be when tackling was forbidden in junior underage football ( up to under 11s in many leagues ) He then went on to win a league b&f and it wasn’t for his tackling stats.

Nah you don't want to be getting players being tackled 10 times a game. I'd be severely questioning their peripheral vision. Ross can get the ball, has shown it in almost every match he's played. That he can also lay so many tackles is a huge positive.

Ross and Naish are exactly the types our starting 22 needs. A big body inside mid accumulator and a hard running skillful winger. Hopefully they make the grade.

Great effort from a young bloke who’s had an injury riddled career so far, won’t die wondering and we should get a good look at what his career will be based around on Saturday

Door opens for another youngster to have a look through. Congrats to Jack Ross, have some fun kid.

Great to see the club picking the kids. Will be some serious looks at a few at seasons end so now is the time to see what some of the youngsters have to offer. Have a good one Jack and make us proud

Like Stack, the attack on the ball will be first rate.

Getting guys in the third round who contribute this early is a huge bonus.

Ross is physically ready, he can find his own ball and he tackles. It’s a great template. Always look out for guys that miss the champs through injury, bargains galore.

SCOOP said:

Ross is physically ready, he can find his own ball and he tackles. It’s a great template. Always look out for guys that miss the champs through injury, bargains galore.

:fing32

Go Jack. Go Son.

SCOOP said:

And that’s what I like in football, a fierce desire to win the ball and hunt the man. Great selection.

MB78 said:
And that’s what I like in football, a fierce desire to win the ball and hunt the man. Great selection.

I think Ross, Sackman and Bakes all have that quality.

I can't remember being more excited about a H&A game.

Well done on getting to play your first senior game with the mighty Tigers.
Hope he has a ripper debut for the Club.