Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Encouraging first half from Jack , like 99% of kids in there second game just needs a few games to adapt to the pace of the game

Mr Brightside said:
Encouraging first half from Jack , like 99% of kids in there second game just needs a few games to adapt to the pace of the game

Agree, he's coming along nicely. Great work ethic. In half a game he managed 5 tackles and 25 pressure acts. Gonna be a ripper but naturally will be inconsistent and require time to get used to the higher pace and pressure of AFL footy.

I'm excited about Jack Ross but think he needs more time to get his defensive game together.

It looked like he was always in the wrong spot when we didn't have the ball and Hawks players just waltzed around him.

Fix that and we have a player!

blx said:
I'm excited about Jack Ross but think he needs more time to get his defensive game together.

It looked like he was always in the wrong spot when we didn't have the ball and Hawks players just waltzed around him.

Fix that and we have a player!

Not sure about that. Extrapolated for a full game and he has 10 tackles and 50 pressure acts. Pretty damn impressive for a 1st year player in his 2nd AFL pre season game ever. Possibly his match fitness level needs work which is why he isn't always able to defend at full tilt at all times but I'm not concerned about his defensive abilities based on what I've seen.

tigerlove said:
Not sure about that. Extrapolated for a full game and he has 10 tackles and 50 pressure acts. Pretty damn impressive for a 1st year player in his 2nd AFL pre season game ever. Possibly his match fitness level needs work which is why he isn't always able to defend at full tilt at all times but I'm not concerned about his defensive abilities based on what I've seen.
I’d also imagine his football tank is along way off what it will get to, due to the fact his had an injury riddled career till now.

Would play him 1st 2-3 games to get a taste..
Then back to VFL , bring him back after the bye for s few more games & if firm warrants he stays in..
Great problem to have ...
Baker the same ..

What pick was he is? Should’ve used it on getting Lyons from Gold Coast.
That’s the type we needed

zippadeee said:
What pick was he is? Should’ve used it on getting Lyons from Gold Coast.
That’s the type we needed

Goes at barely 60% disposal efficiency. A knock on his running ability (spread) - similar concerns to say a Miles. Onto his 3rd club. 27yo this year. Not for us. Gold Coast offered 2 picks 43 and 60 something and 3 year deal. His brother is on the Gold Coast list. We had no chance without giving up too much. I am comfortable with us bringing in young talent. We have plenty of growth for midfield duties with the likes of Higgins and Rioli.

Tigertool said:
I don’t agree with Zips post, but you think Brisbane are paying Lyons $500k a year? :rofl
Yes I do , Gc pay first year draftees 400+ when they extend , Brodie , Ainsworth etc , do you think they get him over form adelaide on match payments :rofl ok :clap

Not much talk about this young bull in the last week or so. Was very impressive in the JLT series, and must be a chance to come in for one of Caddy, Castagna, Conco and Grigg from the Prelim side.

tigerman said:
Not much talk about this young bull in the last week or so. Was very impressive in the JLT series, and must be a chance to come in for one of Caddy, Castagna, Conco and Grigg from the Prelim side.

Won’t play this week. Needs more time to pick the speed of the game up and learn defensive structures.

King Kong said:
Won’t play this week. Needs more time to pick the speed of the game up and learn defensive structures.

Wouldn't have minded seeing him get a game, he's a defensive beast and has shown he can get the ball but being realistic, it's going to be hard to crack a spot ATM with pretty much all the midfielders fit and ready to go. His time will come when injuries start building. I get the feeling he will kill it at VFL level.