Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Got better as the game went on and good debut overall. Thought he was caught out by the pace early on.

After Balta, was my favourite part of the game. You can just see he's an accumulator. Will get ball at whatever level he plays at. His use seems.adequate and best of all is that he can play as a dasher too.

Was outstanding with limited game time, took time in 1st QTR to adjust to pace i thought, good disposals and kicking!

If playing JLT2 a similiar game hes a lock for round 1 for me!

Was most impressed by his disposal. Clean, crisp, creative, quick. Gotta be a R1 contender.

Ross, RCD, Higgins, Balta, Graham - do we now have the best recruitment in the league? Non of them high draft picks - all of them have the potential to be very very good.

Baron Samedi said:
Was OK but I don’t reckon he’s ready.

Maybe I missed something but I’m not convinced.

I thought he looked good with the ball Baron but still has a bit to learn when not in possession. Very focused on the ball and didn’t put much time into his opponent. Nothing Fly and co can’t address.

Timmy99 said:
I thought he looked good with the ball Baron but still has a bit to learn when not in possession. Very focused on the ball and didn’t put much time into his opponent. Nothing Fly and co can’t address.

Fair enough Timmy.

I'm probably wrong, but he just didn't scream AFL to me.

RCD had a handful of touches but somehow oozed elite talent.

Timmy99 said:

This was his one real weakness at APS/TAC. Has been working on it for a while but being a natural hunter of the ball it will take a few games for it to click.

Overall his performance was better than I expected. Has improved enormously

Would love to know his midfield minutes?
He was going up against some of the best midfielder in the game.
We have a lot to work with here.

A bloke be big in the footy record, but not be big on the field.

Ross and RCD are big on the field.

I said 'sweet baby jesus, whose THAT?'

About twice each with these blokes yesterday.

Salivating additions to the list and I feel like, while everyone else is busy midgetising,

We are monstering up, without losing speed

Ironically enough he had the same number of touches as Miles did for GC (on that note, Cellis didn't get a game, is he injured?)

We lose nothing with Ross for Miles in Ross' first year. I accept the knock on Ross' defensive work but that was one of Miles' knocks too. Ross will only improve from here so he is going to be a massive upgrade on Miles.

I know a couple of our guns didn't play huge game time in the middle but Ross, from 59% game time, had the most disposals of our midfielders (21 equal with Dusty), most contested possies (11), most clearances (5) and still recorded a respectable 76% disposal efficiency. And he was up against a quality midfield opposition composed off Brayshaw and Oliver. I saw Ross lined up in the intraclub a lot against Cotchin in the midfield. The club obviously has a lot of respect for his abilities and he's shown why in the couple of games we've seen him so far.

We've come along way when all our draft picks seem to be able to play rather than hoping our first round pick can play.

tigerlove said:
I know a couple of our guns didn't play huge game time in the middle but Ross, from 59% game time, had the most disposals of our midfielders (21 equal with Dusty), most contested possies (11), most clearances (5) and still recorded a respectable 76% disposal efficiency. And he was up against a quality midfield opposition composed off Brayshaw and Oliver. I saw Ross lined up in the intraclub a lot against Cotchin in the midfield. The club obviously has a lot of respect for his abilities and he's shown why in the couple of games we've seen him so far.

He was on Oliver a number of times at the center bounce