Jack Dyer Medal 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Medal 2024

This result will have the hyenas coming.
'Where is Richmond at? When 3 of there top 5 want out'.
'Richmond joins North Melbourne in massive rebuild'
'Disaster at Punt Rd'
'Dark Days ahead @Punt Rd'

Reactions: 1 users
Rioli is at the same stage as Lachie Neale was at Fremantle. Good player but not a Star.
But Brisbane were prepared to give up 2 1st rounders and a 3rd.
There's no chance Rioli leaves for just 1 pick.
Rioli B&F winner & 3 time premiership player. And only 27.

We can't lose, they hand over 2 picks under 15 or we keep him. There's no real reason for him leaving besides him wanting to play under Hardwick

Reactions: 7 users
Silly from Bakes.
His future employers will have seen it.
Poached for leadership but gets pissed at the clubs biggest function of the year where stakeholders, sponsors, board members and die hard supporters are in attendance.
Very average and a sad way to depart the club.

Reactions: 9 users
Uh oh. Looks like Mr Burnside is getting impatient for the dessert. Just saw him chewing the table cloth.
Are u talking about the real Burnside or someone u have given that name too.
If it’s the real one don’t get what u have against him?

None of the staff, football department or players spoke with any sense of conviction that we'd turn it around.
The awards did have a very darkened sense to it.

All the eggs are in the draft basket. I sure hope it works..

Reactions: 4 users
Spot on. He’s leaving for money; pure and simple. And he doesn’t want to do the hard yards now that we’re down the bottom. Thanks for the memories but see ya later. Unless your pathetic new club doesn’t pony up 6 & 12 then you can stay and play out your contract.

No bending over Tigers. Make them pay the piper for these wantaway contracted players.
Really unclear as to why he is leaving. If it is money then Tigers cd have cut the possibility of paying part of his salary off immediately. Don’t think that has occurred?

He has always shown such a love for the club and respect for his families connection. Great player and I had thought our likely next Captain.

Very sorry to see him go and glad he won.

Just watched most of the speeches.

Bakes and lesser extent Shai were *smile* poor. Especially Bakes.

For that to be the last time he represents the club. He should be embarrassed.

You know there is a fair chance you'll be going up there. Stay off the sauce until afterwards and treat the club with some respect.

And how hard is it to prepare some key words to elaborate on when you talk. It's 101 stuff.

These guys have managers paid a lot of money that should also be embarrassed not schooling them on simple etiquette and going out the right way.

Really poor and reckon he'll look back on it with regret (or should).

Shai obviously doesn't like public speaking. That's OK. As said you have a manager you're paying a lot of money to - Get help from them for a basic 1-2 minute roll.

Reckon most well ran suburban clubs would expect better than that.

Just going off your post. - maybe Baker isn’t really the leader we all thought he was and some standards dropped as a result. He plays like a leader on the ground but maybe with the culture stuff, less so.

Shai and public speaking I totally get it tbh.

Reactions: 3 users
Really unclear as to why he is leaving. If it is money then Tigers cd have cut the possibility of paying part of his salary off immediately. Don’t think that has occurred?

He has always shown such a love for the club and respect for his families connection. Great player and I had thought our likely next Captain.

Very sorry to see him go and glad he won.
Well you can imagine the Hardwick sales pitch. Don’t let him off.
But in the end it’s Rioli’s decision, and if he was influenced by Hardwick and his Mrs, well he will have to live with the outcome and what it means to be jumping ship now, at the Club that has done so much for him, not just Premierships. Shows some immaturity if influenced by father-figure Hardwick, but understandable I suppose.

Reactions: 1 user
Just watched most of the speeches.

Bakes and lesser extent Shai were *smile* poor. Especially Bakes.

For that to be the last time he represents the club. He should be embarrassed.

You know there is a fair chance you'll be going up there. Stay off the sauce until afterwards and treat the club with some respect.

And how hard is it to prepare some key words to elaborate on when you talk. It's 101 stuff.

These guys have managers paid a lot of money that should also be embarrassed not schooling them on simple etiquette and going out the right way.

Really poor and reckon he'll look back on it with regret (or should).

Shai obviously doesn't like public speaking. That's OK. As said you have a manager you're paying a lot of money to - Get help from them for a basic 1-2 minute roll.

Reckon most well ran suburban clubs would expect better than that.
Totally agree. Baker and Shai were *smile* poor as you put it.

Bit alarming all these guys wanting out, and I originally didn't want them all going. But shifted mindset maybe 5-6 weeks ago. Now, I'm at the point where I woke up this morning thinking, let's just get these blokes out, and start driving some change as quickly as possible. 180.

Hopefully we've got the right people at the club to be able to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users