Jack Dyer Medal 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Medal 2024

This result will have the hyenas coming.
'Where is Richmond at? When 3 of there top 5 want out'.
'Richmond joins North Melbourne in massive rebuild'
'Disaster at Punt Rd'
'Dark Days ahead @Punt Rd'
With Glory comes pain followed by Glory. do you think the top eight teams this year would give alot to have 3 flags in four years? Success gained the Glory, now to rebuild and get the next best crop.

Reactions: 1 users
Both Shai and Bakers speeches reeked of embarrassment and in knowing they’ve screwed the club, especially Shai.
Baker in the times I’ve seen him interviewed he’s come across as uneasy and not knowing what to say (cliches) but in this instance both should have had the decency to expand a little on their time here and what the club has done for them.
But all we got was a mumbling mess.
Anyway the time has come to move on and hopefully get good deals for both.

Reactions: 4 users
Just watched most of the speeches.

Bakes and lesser extent Shai were *smile* poor. Especially Bakes.

For that to be the last time he represents the club. He should be embarrassed.

You know there is a fair chance you'll be going up there. Stay off the sauce until afterwards and treat the club with some respect.

And how hard is it to prepare some key words to elaborate on when you talk. It's 101 stuff.

These guys have managers paid a lot of money that should also be embarrassed not schooling them on simple etiquette and going out the right way.

Really poor and reckon he'll look back on it with regret (or should).

Shai obviously doesn't like public speaking. That's OK. As said you have a manager you're paying a lot of money to - Get help from them for a basic 1-2 minute roll.

Reckon most well ran suburban clubs would expect better than that.
See ball, Get ball, Kick ball......................... why do we forget that many footballers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed?? (and they're very young ......... so the requisite maturity/speech making skills are not something that everyone has)

Reactions: 3 users
Everything about the club seems off at the moment. Stinks down there.
Yep. I got the same vibe.

Gotta give Dunne a little while to get established and correct the ship though.

But when you look back at what we were as a club, compared to the tripe that was rolled out last night, it's concerning to see how far we have plummeted.

Reactions: 1 user
Strong leadership needed over the next year beginning now.

Last night was embarrassing. We’re a better club than this. Baker & Bolton should be individually embarrassed - pathetic representation of themselves irrespective of their lack of comfort in public speaking.

Reactions: 2 users
See ball, Get ball, Kick ball......................... why do we forget that many footballers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed?? (and they're very young ......... so the requisite maturity/speech making skills are not something that everyone has)
Yeah I get that sir, but I'm not buying it for last night.

They both knew what was at stake.

They are choosing to leave a club that has delivered them EVERYTHING, while it's at rock bottom.

Would have taken Baker 5 minutes to jot some things down and express some gratitude. Instead he smashed beers and looked like a bloke that can't wait to leave.

The *smile* show of 24 continued to roll on last night. Only thing that go wrong this year are

1 *smile* trades
2 bust draft picks
3 JGTI stays a Tiger.

The top will be dominated by those that played a lot of games.

1 - D Rioli
2 - Vlastuin
3 - Nank
4 - Broad
5 - Bolton
6 - Baker - reckon he'll be doing better than this at the halfway point - he'll slide in the 2nd half
7 - Taranto
8 - Short
9 - Mansell
10 - Hopper
You nailed it mrp........................................so did I :)
My top three are

1 - Dan
2 - Tigger
3 - Nank

Baker's speech if it could be called that, was very ordinary. Thought it was pretty disrespectful on several levels to be honest.

To put this in context Rioli’s winning total would have had him equal 3rd with Bolton in 2023.
Taranto got 68 votes last year
Interesting to compare years actually - in 2017 he would have finished 17th with that vote tally! Really does put it into context.

Here's what should've happened.
The departing players should've gotten together beforehand, approached the club and said we wanna say a few words together. Whoever is the most articulate can do the talking.
They stand together on the stage.
As you know by now, for various reasons, we are leaving.
The club has given us everything we dreamed of as players, and I hope we have contributed to yours.
Richmond will always remain in our hearts blah blah thank you list.
We look forward to premiership reunions down the track, and meeting you guys in battle next year.
Thanks from the heart of our bottoms, see yaz laterrrrr.
Done we move on everyone looks good.

Reactions: 9 users
Amazing how far we have fallen in such a short period of time. As much as we should praise our leaders for our recent success, the likes of Peggy, Gale, Livingstone, Blair the board etc. need to cop the blame for not implementing measures for the future.

On top of the miserable year on field, it’s now being reported that several players got very sick from serious food poisoning whilst on their end of season trip to Thailand.
2024 has been diabolical for RFC. Simply nothing has gone right

The departing players should've gotten together beforehand, approached the club and said we wanna say a few words together. Whoever is the most articulate can do the talking.
The club has given us everything we dreamed of as players, and I hope we have contributed to yours.
We look forward to premiership reunions down the track, and meeting you guys in battle next year.
Didn't look like there was much communication between the departees and the club at all the way it played out. Fair bit of friction from both sides.

Fair enough - quite valid ........................

Buy hindsight is a great thing.....................

Let's not forget that only a few days ago the Lions had to have a staff member remind each player to shake the little childs hand and place the cap on their head.....

And some of them STILL stuffed it up!!!!! LOL!!!!

I mean seriously ................ there is micromanagement ....................... and then there's footballers :)

None of the staff, football department or players spoke with any sense of conviction that we'd turn it around.
The awards did have a very darkened sense to it.

All the eggs are in the draft basket. I sure hope it works..
I can't see us turning it around on the back of 7 draft picks.
We have never really been a destination club and forget anyone choosing to come to us now as a free agent..
Rock bottom is coming