Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

For those who say he doesnt chase, hes currently leading the league for tackles inside 50. Hes also currently sitting on 25 goals. The most is 32. :clap

Joint captains with Chimp next year.

Has been immense ALL year.

As said a month ago it is a very funny thread.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
I,ll give credit where credit,s due.He,s knuckled down since that freo game which is good to see.However IMO he,s still a HFF.

Totally agree with this view (CHF or FF though). maybe that half time vision was used to put a rocket up his backside & have a reality check.

Whatever it was he has improved. Hope he keeps it up.

Also if fitness can go another notch up will further improve him as a player

at only 21yrs of age and having to play above his weight division week in week out, if he keeps developing and doesn't stagnate due to poor richmond development this kid could be anything. At this rate when he's 23+ yrs old he will be an out and out star.

Fingers crossed we dont stuff this one up

Having said this, i wont be holding my beathe

I,ll give credit where credit,s due.He,s knuckled down since that freo game which is good to see.However IMO he,s still a HFF.
I suppose being second in the league for contested marks including a massive 6 last night is the hallmark of a HFF ::)

Giardiasis said:
I suppose being second in the league for contested marks including a massive 6 last night is the hallmark of a HFF ::)
How many against the Bombers #1 defender? ::)

Edit: Too take some of the pressure off Jack -

I know Post hasn't been setting the world on fire at Coburg, but from a bigger body scenario I'd rather Astbury build up his game time in the VFL and let Post have a run for the next couple of weeks - especially if they are not going to bring Polak back in.

He may be a bit like Angus and give more when playing in the seniors. Dave looks a good prospect but just doesn't have a presence at the moment, at least Post has a bit more size and can take a grab.

Listening to Leppa pregame on the radio he said there were 20 elements to Dimma's gameplan - no wonder it's taking so long to learn it all!

Giardiasis said:

:hihi :clap

Leysy Days said:
Joint captains with Chimp next year.

Has been immense ALL year.

As said a month ago it is a very funny thread.

Some of us have been lobbying for Jack as future Captain for over a year - nice to see you're catching up with yourself

Al Bundy said:
Totally agree with this view (CHF or FF though). maybe that half time vision was used to put a rocket up his backside & have a reality check.

What makes you think that? His form before the Freo games was on par to what it has been since.

How many against the Bombers #1 defender? ::)
Except Fletcher isn't really their #1 defender, he may be their best defender, but he rarely plays that role. He never takes the #1 forward unless he has to because his best game is running off his man and creating the play from defence, also fills the hole to assist who is actually playing full back.
By forcing Fletcher on to Riewoldt, it also reduced Fletcher's influence on the game as he couldn't play his normal role.

Jack has now kicked 12 goals against the Bombers in his last 2 games. :clap

Al Bundy said:

You and Skip are the ones who need a reality check and need to stop listening to the deluding rantings of Fox peanuts.

One of the few real quality players we have unearthed in a decade and we get this ridiculous thread.

lamb22 said:
You and Skip are the ones who need a reality check and need to stop listening to the deluding rantings of Fox peanuts.

One of the few real quality players we have unearthed in a decade and we get this ridiculous thread.
Havn,t noticed Jack,s attitude change since the Freo game lambchops? Weather hardwick has had a chat with Jack or Jack himself seeing the footage. Its worked.

BladeTiger said:
Great game. Starting to lay claims for the next captaincy.
\
Shows plenty of leadership out on the field, constantly setting up the forward line and working his arse off to try and keep pressure on the opposition backline.
Just blew me away last night when the little mop Nason who'd been having a fairly ordinary night scored a free at about our fifty metre line late in the game. Jack had the ball around the ten metre square and instead of just kicking the ball back to Nase he jogged all the way back to him and gave him the pat on the head and a quiet word. Just out and out quality from the young fella.

Havn,t noticed Jack,s attitude change since the Freo game lambchops? Weather hardwick has had a chat with Jack or Jack himself seeing the footage. Its worked.

I've seen Jack play the way he did last night a dozen times minimum at VFL and AFL level.

The kid was cocky from game 1 in tiger clours. What planet have you been holidaying on.

What I loved about Jack from round 1, 2007 apart from his obvious talent and smarts was the way he took the micky out of his opponents and the way he yelled instructions and encouragement form the bench when he took a breather. Also the way he individually encouraghes teammates during the game and in breaks. The kid is a winner, simple as that.

He is nearly top for contested marks in the league and number 1 for tackles inside 50. Cant you see how ridiculous the argument that he is lazy is?

Dermie and Carey were pretty arrogant. They'd do at Richmond though!

TigerMasochist said:
\
Shows plenty of leadership out on the field, constantly setting up the forward line and working his arse off to try and keep pressure on the opposition backline.
Just blew me away last night when the little mop Nason who'd been having a fairly ordinary night scored a free at about our fifty metre line late in the game. Jack had the ball around the ten metre square and instead of just kicking the ball back to Nase he jogged all the way back to him and gave him the pat on the head and a quiet word. Just out and out quality from the young fella.

Absolutely in character TM, a real team man - has been from day 1.

Saw a game at Coburg about 2008 in which Morton kicked 6 and Jack 5 but about 3 of Morton's were gifted to him by Jack sharing the ball around.

Some of the comments on this thread are just wacko!