Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

This thread should be deleted , he is one of the biggest positives for the year and there arent too many.

lamb22 said:
. Cant you see how ridiculous the argument that he is lazy is?
Fact of the matter he was very Lazy against Freo.If anything his form since has proved it.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Fact of the matter he was very Lazy against Freo.If anything his form since has proved it.

Fact of the matter is you are wrong, have been proved wrong and lack the generosity of spirit to admit you are wrong.

Jack has played in the same manner from day 1. He will have some ordinary days and some better days but he will get better and better over time.

He's gonna be a ripper!! Is already!!

My missus reckons he looks like Ginger Meggs! :hihi

lamb22 said:
Fact of the matter is you are wrong, have been proved wrong and lack the generosity of spirit to admit you are wrong.

Jack has played in the same manner from day 1. He will have some ordinary days and some better days but he will get better and better over time.
Have been proved wrong?You said yourself he,s had ordinary days.One of those days was against Freo.

Have been proved wrong?You said yourself he,s had ordinary days.One of those days was against Freo.
I agree with you Skipper. Mosy of the comments were in regard to Jack's performance and demeanor in the freo game.
Some people are taking it out of context.
I'm glad Jack has greatly improved in most areas of his game since.

You've gotta be having a lend of yourself Madcow. You and a few others harp on and slag off at Jaaack over one poor game against Freo like it was the end of the known universe.
Watched the kids performances at Coburg and Seniors since we drafted him and he's probably the most talented footballer we've got on the list. A genuine team player with first class leadership skills and a positive touch of chirpy exuberant arrogance out on the field.
He's improved in leaps and bounds as his body and fitness have grown to the standard required for consistent AFL footy and you want to crap on him because he had a bad hair day against Freo.
I suppose you think Richo must have been the biggest *smile* of a player ever to pull on a Tigers jumper............... he was well known for having the occaisional bad hair day during his suss career too.

The odd ordinary game doesn't make him lazy
It makes him young and inexperienced

TigerMasochist said:
Just blew me away last night when the little mop Nason who'd been having a fairly ordinary night scored a free at about our fifty metre line late in the game. Jack had the ball around the ten metre square and instead of just kicking the ball back to Nase he jogged all the way back to him and gave him the pat on the head and a quiet word. Just out and out quality from the young fella.
Yes i seen that too,it was fantastic from Jack and a great tackle from little Nason.

And did anyone else see Jack walk/storm from our Forward line toward the centre square pointing and yelling at one or more of our midfielders after Essendon had kicked their seventh goal?
It was while they were waiting for the ball to be brought back for the centre bounce.

Anyway,he was magnificent again last night,well done young fella and keep it up. :clap

25 goals,one of the highest contested mark tally`s in the league and highest inside 50 tackle count.

And he`s managed that in one of the worst performed teams in the history of the game,i think the question of this thread has been answered now,hasn`t it?

IF Jacks outstanding form continues, he may be in contention for All Australian honours.

That would be an amazing achievement.

I think AA's out of reach this year, but he's coming on wonderfully. One poor game doesn't make him a hack, just one good game doesn't make a player a gun.

Great game by Jack last night. Worked very hard and his marking 1 on 1 was superb.

Nathan Brown said on the Footy Show that Jack has always had the talent. Only problem was that he didnt work hard enough. That seems to have changed this year.

Will fight it out for Jack Dyer medal with Cotchin and Deledio.

I,ll give credit where credit,s due.He,s knuckled down since that freo game which is good to see.However IMO he,s still a HFF.

I reckon your opinion is wrong ;D

Really starting to step up now. Has been consistent in most games this season and, at this rate is looking at a 60+ goal in a team that hasn't won a match and is sitting neatly at the bottom of the ladder for goals scored this season. Being the primary forward target this year, his stats do not represent a player who is just a tall HFF. Really can't see how you can make that assessment.

GoodOne said:
I reckon your opinion is wrong ;D

Really starting to step up now. Has been consistent in most games this season and, at this rate is looking at a 60+ goal in a team that hasn't won a match and is sitting neatly at the bottom of the ladder for goals scored this season. Being the primary forward target this year, his stats do not represent a player who is just a tall HFF. Really can't see how you can make that assessment.

Yeah I don't know what he's on about either. HFF'er? Baffling. There's no evidence to back up this opinion. JR does everything a quality young KPF would do.

Careful fellas, with all logic gone all skip has got left is to hold his breath till he turns blue.

Slowly getting better but needs to improve on kicking the goals we need at the right time and selection when passing..

B2

It was an off game for sure but I see no point harping on it. He's been very good overall.

I took my son for a kick this morning decked out in his Tiger gear when a gloating Bombers fan walked by and sung Jack's praises. So others are starting to take notice.

Thrilled with his form. :)

Tigion said:
when your coach says you on par if not better than franklin and roughead were at this age its gotta mean something

to wallaces credit (cant believe i just said that) he identified jacks talent in early to mid 2008 when richo moved to the wing. he was a little late, i thought he should have played more in his debut year too but we all know about wallaces penchant for midgets. those extra early games would have been valuable