How far off are we really? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How far off are we really?

Not convinced we'd have got near the Hawks today having seen how Brad Scott dismantled our gameplan.
I reckon the Hawks might have learnt a thing or too as well since our last meeting.
Unfortunately we'll never know though.

Tigers of Old said:
Not convinced we'd have got near the Hawks today having seen how Brad Scott dismantled our gameplan.
I reckon the Hawks might have learnt a thing or too as well since our last meeting.

They would have smashed us through the midfield.

rosy23 said:
Edit. Weagles knew how to beat Hawks too but it was a different story on the big stage today.

WCE fans should right wonder what have been if they weren't plsying a grand final away interstate, given that they finished higher up the ladder.

Sintiger said:
Today made me think of the conundrum we have. We actually have the game and the team to beat the best , but we have some flaws in our make up that means we get beaten by teams that match up well against us.

It's interesting because we know how to beat the hawks but we can't get there to play them.

This year is the perfect example, we actually matched up better against the top four than the teams from 6-8th

Very frustrating
and who fault is that DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA DIMMA

Tigers of Old said:
CRYIL WOULD OF KILLED US TODAY

There are a lot of Richmond supporters asking themselves tonight, what went so wrong for so long?
West coast lost the GF, but there are some very unhappy richmond supporters out there.
2004 hawthorn took off and became a juggernaut, after 2004 we are yet to win final, drowning every year in the same *smile* of fake promises....

DirtyDogTiger said:
WCE fans should right wonder what have been if they weren't plsying a grand final away interstate, given that they finished higher up the ladder.

They can wonder all they like. If they want to win a grand final they have to win at the G. Everyone knows that.

I won't be shocked if we finish top 4 or miss the eight next season, lot of sides rising and a few should be sliding . Ginormous month ahead for the Tigs

zippadeee said:
There are a lot of Richmond supporters asking themselves tonight, what went so wrong for so long?
West coast lost the GF, but there are some very unhappy richmond supporters out there.
2004 hawthorn took off and became a juggernaut, after 2004 we are yet to win final, drowning every year in the same *smile* of fake promises....

Hawthorn brought in a visionary, we got a promoter. I don't think Wallace was a bad coach, just average. Our situation - limited playing stocks & no money - required more patience. Wallace quickly made us competitive but our culture remained weak.

2005 Richmond 10 wins, Hawthorn 5
2006 Richmond 11 wins, Hawthorn 9
2015 Richmond 15 wins, Hawthorn 16

We're finally catching up again.

TheCan said:
We are weak as p!ss

As long as we dont play the Roos in a GF were ok
I think we would have got much closer that WetCoke did against the Dawks yesterday

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Hawthorn brought in a visionary, we got a promoter. I don't think Wallace was a bad coach, just average. Our situation - limited playing stocks & no money - required more patience. Wallace quickly made us competitive but our culture remained weak.

2005 Richmond 10 wins, Hawthorn 5
2006 Richmond 11 wins, Hawthorn 9
2015 Richmond 15 wins, Hawthorn 16

We're finally catching up again.

Please. We will be lucky to win one.
Still too many players on that list that everyone knows won't win us a flag, but the club persits with them.
Ellis. (Gaff like, runs around all day gets heap of the ball, but basically no influence)
Edwards (no where near Rioli, I reckon where seen the best of him)
Conca (disaster of a footballer)
Chaplin (should be given the chop, useless)

After this year's finals game.
Griffens trade
Conca trade
Astbury trade
Edwards to GC for Bennell

Keep first rounder

Brodders17 said:
i actually thought both teams were underwhelming today.
the Weagles were ordinary, but if they made the most of a few simple chances they would have been close to even at 3/4 time.

the hawks were very efficient in the F50, but lucky the eagles choked.
The Eagles reminded me of us in the EF against North. A lot of their guns were down on the day and couldn't step it up when it counted. Simpson's coaching seemed quite reactionary, and plenty of the Hawks were given space to operate in. The uncontested ball differential was staggering and how was Rioli able to get the ball as easily as he was? I know the Eagles don't like to tag, but wouldn't you at least think about it when Rioli is tearing you a new one?

Who are our Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge.

Until we get influential leaders who stand up in big games rather than go missing we won't get close to a flag.

Zippadeee.........agree with you but Tigers cannot trade those players as no one wants them. We are stuck with them. Barlow might get the chop at Dockers so maybe offer Concanuts for him.