GWS Chasing Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS Chasing Martin

Not sure why the vitreol against Sheedy. He has been given a goal to achieve and that is to make GWS successful (no mean task). The anger should be aimed solely and squarely at the AFL, who have allowed this to happen. Once again how any team can be in a position to offer $800K to a young, yet-unproven player is beyond me.

GoodOne said:
Not sure why the vitreol against Sheedy. He has been given a goal to achieve and that is to make GWS successful (no mean task). The anger should be aimed solely and squarely at the AFL, who have allowed this to happen. Once again how any team can be in a position to offer $800K to a young, yet-unproven player is beyond me.

Probably because while in articles talking about how he's going to steal Martin he's been publicly slagging the club off at every opportunity. That goes well beyond his job description. He's cracked the sads because he didn't get a free pass in the coaching process last year and his ego didn't allow him to go through it incase he might not get the job. Just a bitter, old, senile man who lost his relevance in football years ago.

skybeau said:
I didn't realise Sheedy's contract required him to publicly denigrate the off-field department of another club.
If anyone knows the working of the inner sanctrum of the RFC.Its Sheeds.He,s not far off the mark is he.

Barnzy said:
Probably because while in articles talking about how he's going to steal Martin he's been publicly slagging the club off at every opportunity. That goes well beyond his job description. He's cracked the sads because he didn't get a free pass in the coaching process last year and his ego didn't allow him to go through it incase he might not get the job. Just a bitter, old, senile man who lost his relevance in football years ago.

Yep exactly, he can go after Martin all he wants, he's right - he's out of contract and they can pursue him but the fact he's actually ridiculed the club which he was a part of as a player for many years and also last year in a spruiking role, that really cuts deep IMO.

Barnzy said:

100% spot on.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
If anyone knows the working of the inner sanctrum of the RFC.Its Sheeds.He,s not far off the mark is he.

So what. Doesn't mean he has to publically bag the club at every opportunity just when they look like getting things right.

It is disappointing to see such an AFL, Richmond & Essendon icon slip so far. The man has been an absolute visionary. Unfortunately we all have our use by date, the smart ones get out before there time is up, the others hang on until they are finally asked to leave.

In this case, Kevin is proving on a daily basis how little respect he has for his past and just how far down the food chain he has fallen.

In any industry, the AFL included, it is considered bad form and bad carma to slag off those that have employed you in the past. If you don't like them say nothing and keep your class intact rather than open your mouth and exude the bile which lays within.

Irrespective of what happens with Martin, we as a club should chase every 16 and 17 footy player in NSW and any other state for that matter.

And as for Sheedy, I will remember with warmth the tough, honest back pocket of Richmond, the legendary coach of Essendon, and the shallow mud slinging AFL pawn of GWS.

Bring on the future as after todays article I do not see this man being much of a part of it

Mappa said:
It is disappointing to see such an AFL, Richmond & Essendon icon slip so far. The man has been an absolute visionary. Unfortunately we all have our use by date, the smart ones get out before there time is up, the others hang on until they are finally asked to leave.

In this case, Kevin is proving on a daily basis how little respect he has for his past and just how far down the food chain he has fallen.

In any industry, the AFL included, it is considered bad form and bad carma to slag off those that have employed you in the past. If you don't like them say nothing and keep your class intact rather than open your mouth and exude the bile which lays within.

Irrespective of what happens with Martin, we as a club should chase every 16 and 17 footy player in NSW and any other state for that matter.

And as for Sheedy, I will remember with warmth the tough, honest back pocket of Richmond, the legendary coach of Essendon, and the shallow mud slinging AFL pawn of GWS.

Bring on the future as after todays article I do not see this man being much of a part of it

Can't believe that.

Dimwittio will be loving this as he hates us.

Barnzy said:

Spot on Barnzy!

zips said:
Sheedy can get *smile*ed. He screwed the tigers for years, using them as his bargaining pawn at Essendon to get himself a better contract. Then when he was passed over for the Richmond job, he suddenly is out to *smile* us over. Bitter, senile old fool, like his mate KB.

99% of me thinks like this. The other 1% makes me think maybe, just maybe, he is stirring the pot re the Tiges to ensure we get some AFL help.

tiger12 said:
99% of me thinks like this. The other 1% makes me think maybe, just maybe, he is stirring the pot re the Tiges to ensure we get some AFL help.

I'd love that to be true but he wouldn't be saying stuff like how bad our recruiting has been and we deserve to be where we are if that was the case

tiger12 said:

No chance.

If it's anything other than sour grapes then maybe he is trying to manufacture a Victorian based rival for his GWS team.

tiger12 said:
The other 1% makes me think maybe, just maybe, he is stirring the pot re the Tiges to ensure we get some AFL help.

Yeah, he's stirring the pot, he wants to snatch Martin so the AFL gives us assistance. ::)

CC TIGER said:
Pickering just said GWS offer is crap, I gather Pickering is Dustys manager

I thought Tricky Nixon was his manager. Confirmed Tricky is his manager as reported a few days ago in the Hun

CC TIGER said:
Pickering just said GWS offer is crap, I gather Pickering is Dustys manager

Love your avatar mate. You must have Mr Sheened your cranium.

Yeah Pickers thinks it all *smile* too, then it makes me think why Sheedy is blowing wind out his bum.