GWS Chasing Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS Chasing Martin

DragicevicFan said:
With the opportunity to inflate their prices, I'm sure player managers will be pretty keen to at least test the waters and hold off signing an extension, even if they have no real intention of leaving.

No need to hold off, the prices will inflate anyway because of the extra dollars being floated around. But in the end its the player's choice, not the managers. As we have seen already, many players have been signed up this year before time. Wouldn't managers be already holding off on new contracts and contract extensions now if this was the case? Roughhead was a perfect point in case this week. I doubt he would have received a 4 year deal if it weren't for the sharks circling up north.

i wonder if Gary likes the one about Scully opting over to us end of next year....

Gold Coast are having problems trying to sign big names with other clubs and I think Greater Western Sheedy will encounter the same.

DragicevicFan said:
With the opportunity to inflate their prices, I'm sure player managers will be pretty keen to at least test the waters and hold off signing an extension, even if they have no real intention of leaving.

A Player Manager would not be worth their salt if they didn't advise their client to do this, even ifthe player didn't want to leave. You might as well keep all options open to you.

Streak said:
Haven't heard this one. Why would he? Was he a Tigers supporter as a kid or something?
He is/was a mad Tigers supporter. Read it an article that he was a paid up member last year.

Wouldn't take anything that Gary Lyon says as being Gospel, this is the bloke that had the Adelaide Crows Premiers and Kurt Tippett as the Coleman Medalist.
he must be getting his mail from his mate 'hutchy'

waiting since 80 said:
Yep sure is, being interviewed by Hutchy, his dream was to play along side Richo!
I would bring Richo out of retirement for that!

Should just front end his contract to match West Sydney (even by 2011/12 we wont be paying anywhere near 100% of the cap?)

Smoking Aces said:
He is/was a mad Tigers supporter. Read it an article that he was a paid up member last year.

I'd move heaven and Earth to get him home to Tigerland.

Who would want to play for that rabble with a pathetic list and a pathetic future when the grass is greener everywhere you look

Sheedy chasing Martin

Just reported on Footy Classified that Sheedy is chasing Martin.........Does anyone know what his contract situation is yet? Bit early I know...but from what we've seen so far he looks like a gun and a definite keeper...

Re: Sheedy chasing Martin

WOW. Big breaking story this one. Who got the exclusive??

To answer your question. he has a 2yr contract, ends next year, the tiges are trying to sign him for longer.