Graham - first ruck in 2010 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Graham - first ruck in 2010

After the performances he had at Coburg it is very pleasing to see the games he has played in the seniors

Has a chance to make it yet!!!

I was surprised he's only played 20 games... had forgotten how inexperienced he is. Perhaps we should have faith for a bit longer.

Graham has got to be played, due to the baren ruck stocks that we have if nothing else.

Simmonds is finished; Vickery is still developing (although I'd really liked to have seen more from him by now - I'm not a massive subscriber to the 'big men take longer to develop theory' - you can either play or you can't) and Browne is big, tall but unproven.

Graham's marking and mobility are a concern (Hille took him to the cleaners in that regard) but that could be mindset as much as anything else. Has to be constantly encouraged to get around the ground, always stay involved in the game and go for his marks or at least knock-on in our forward direction.

grumpytiger said:
I was surprised he's only played 20 games... had forgotten how inexperienced he is. Perhaps we should have faith for a bit longer.

If he keeps up this form then he's definitely worth perservering with.

No goofy mistakes yet, plays within his limitations and no crippling double leg cramp yet. :hihi

Good on ya Angus, keep going son.
he's the best option we've got at the moment, TV is hopeless. TV reminds me of Darren *smile*!

Yeh Goose wasn't too bad again - maybe there is hope. Vickery was a witches hat.

Said all week we needed Polak as aback up. It was glaringly obvious.

Hardwick making some absolutely elementary errors. But he doesn't spin in the media, that's them main thing. ::)

evo said:
Yeh Goose wasn't too bad again - maybe there is hope. Vickery was a witches hat.

Said all week we needed Polak as aback up. It was glaringly obvious.

Hardwick making some absolutely elementary errors. But he doesn't spin in the media, that's them main thing. ::)

Maybe just wanted to try out the mosquito fleet tonight.

evo said:
Cunning move wasn't it.

We're testing clevo.

Wouldn't have made much difference if Polak played anyway. Showed nothing in a winnable game last week.

Danog said:
He was far too slow to man up on Ryder at times, but most ruckmen are. Was ok.
i think on many occasions is was TV who wasnt manning up moreso than angus...

anyway gus has shown plenty in his 2 games. definately has to play rest of he season regardless of if he has a couple of bad games.

TV has not shown much at all this year. too young and skinny to win many ruck contests (understandable), doesnt win much ball around the ground, doesnt take marks up forward. really he isnt contributig much at all. must be sent back to coburg for some form. browne to come in for a few weeks at least.

angus and browne our rucks for the next few weeks! (will also put some pressure on vickery to perform)

grumpytiger said:
Got beaten by that pr!ck Hille... seemed to go missing at times? but I liked his attack on the ball and he used it well.
Nothing to be ashamed of there, Hille's beaten the #1 ruckman in most teams, on form he's one of the best in the game currently.

Even the commentators praised Graham once it was pointed out he'd only played 20 games. He was our 2nd highest point getting with Champion Data tonight.

Time to give Vickery a rest and bring in Jaffa

Graham was surprisingly good tonight. Will continue to get the first ruck job if he continues like that.

GoodOne said:
Graham was surprisingly good tonight. Will continue to get the first ruck job if he continues like that.

Agree. Thought last week was just an aberration but backed it up with another solid performance tonight.

Gus was good again - actually resembling a ruckman. Vickery needs to be rested, bring in the Ranga. Gus and the ranga to ruck for a while.