Graham - first ruck in 2010 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Graham - first ruck in 2010

Enjoyed his tap work today and he gave us a competitive edge around the packs because of it.
Good starting point for Gus ande for the Tiges - a competitive ruckman.
Remember his opposition is an ordinary conveyance though.

Fighting Fury said:
not that haw rucks were much chop...2 underdone logs...

Much better test for Gus next week...Hille and Ryder.
and Hille involved in a hit behind play so may miss DT game.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Sure did, especially when one has been the system for 6 years compared to the other who has played a handful of games.

One was a top ten pick, the other a rookie promotion. One has played every game for the senior team, the other could hardly get a kick for Coburg in for his first game for the year. That is why i find it amazing.

Yes the big burger did nicely in the packs, later in the game he hesitated though, perhaps hurt or tired. Next will be a great test for him and TV.

very impressed today...especially as an option down foward....why not keep him as a full foward for a while as he impressed down there today..

Weve been crying for a big forward since the start of the season.
No Polak is not the answer see what happens when you put a player as big as Graham there he takes marks , kicks goals and busts packs.
If only the crumbers Nahas, Edwards ..... would just run onto the ball that spills behind the pack instead on always being in front of the pack.

bringbakflemmo said:
Enjoyed his tap work today and he gave us a competitive edge around the packs because of it.
Good starting point for Gus ande for the Tiges - a competitive ruckman.
Remember his opposition is an ordinary conveyance though.

Couldn't have said it better. Admittedly the Dawks rucks weren't much, but at least Angus was getting his hands on the ball and giving our on ballers a chance. Those Marks down forward were a bonus. I only realised Gus could take a grab a couple of week ago against Box Hill, but he followed that up today well.

Good Game Gus now its time to keep building on that.

mld said:
Where did that performance come from?  He hadn't shown that form at Coburg this season.

As a wise man pointed out midweek, Gus appears to be one of those rare players who plays better when he goes up a level. Having watched him in the Burg I can intuitively understand that- he lacks nous against smaller, crafty VFL ruckman, but in the AFL rucking becomes more about athleticism and he is a decent athlete.

Thrilled for Angus - Tigerbob's got some explaining to do ;D

Angus showed peripheral vision with some of his taps today (or he was dead lucky). I agree with a couple of people who questioned who he played against - but you can only play against who you are given. The ideal game for Angus to be blooded this year that's for sure.

And TV is really maturing fast too. :clap

Tigers of Old said:
Yep. Sure it's only been one game but today Angus made a bit of a mockery of those saying Simmonds was a better option.

Agree. And when used at FF was able to give a big body contest which freed up Reiwoldt. IMO well worth persisting with.

Tigers of Old said:
Yep. Sure it's only been one game but today Angus made a bit of a mockery of those saying Simmonds was a better option.

Don't think so. This was a good game to bring Angus in - would have known it was a big trial this week. Simmonds has delivered cover against vastly better,stronger and faster rucks. Let's see how Angus is travelling in a few weeks (and I hope he is good)!

Phar Ace said:
Don't think so. This was a good game to bring Angus in - would have known it was a big trial this week. Simmonds has delivered cover against vastly better,stronger and faster rucks. Let's see how Angus is travelling in a few weeks (and I hope he is good)!

Actually Renouf has been travelling ok this year- he has just been struggling playing a lone hand and runs out of puff. Having Skipper back was a huge boost for them because it allowed them to spell Renouf.

angus showed some promise towareds end of last season. how they kept simmo, and then played him ahead of gus this year was ridiculous. gus may be our future simmo is NOT.
the way i see it, gus has missed out on 7 games expeience this year. and im not just saying that based on todays game. it was plain as day he should have been our no1 ruck, not some washed up dinosaur. oh yeah i forgot the protecting our skinny young players bit....thats what it was about.... ::)

keep up the development gus!!

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Actually Renouf has been travelling ok this year- he has just been struggling playing a lone hand and runs out of puff. Having Skipper back was a huge boost for them because it allowed them to spell Renouf.

OK? you are a generous man Klinkster - do you give good Xmas presents too? ;D

Agree Gus was very serviceable today and gave us some much needed big contesting in the forward line. The Dawks defence was always under pressure when he was in the contest close to goal. Much better option than both Simmonds and Polak on this year's form, although one game does not a season make!

Shame that the small crumbing forwards did not take more advantage of the contested areas under the packs close to goal ... would have meant a win instead of a loss.

good game today - the hawks have no rucks though - bigger tests to come