Graham - first ruck in 2010 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Graham - first ruck in 2010

Anyone who can take a couple of big grabs up forward like he did must have some upside.
He clearly is a better option than Simmonds.

B1

if he plays like that for the rest of year we might be able to get a 1st rounder for him off collingwood ;D

Or the GC. ;D

Played well yesterday but the bloke is a dead set camel at times.

At the very least he can provide a big body in contests for the rest of the year.

I dont think he quite has what it takes, he is too soft for his size needs to impose himself a helluva lot more than he does and not very footy smart.

But am not against he and Rangamania playing out the season to see what they got..... perspective is required.

One or 2 marks does not a contract re newal make .... it is this sort of crap thats held the club back by having a list of re signed trucks and duds that they are forced to hang onto because they play 3 good games a year and were re signed.

Lets just see what transpires over the next 16 odd weeks.

GoodOne said:
Hawks have struggled all year in the ruck. Thrashed every week similar to us. Hawks were better in the actual ruck contests. According to the stats, around 21 effective hitouts to 10. Around the ground Graham held his own. Ther real test will be against stronger rucks. Will surely get more games from here. Will be interesting to see how he handles himself. Certainly last year he did play a few honest performances.

They have struggled Goodie, but part of the reason for that has been they were playing 2 on 1 with a unfit ruckman all year. This was the first game they had two real ruckman playing in a game and they befitted from that.

If you look at the ruck stats from Sunday (http://www.prowess.com.au/pro-stats/reports/free_match_report_62.pdf) Gus was fine in his contests, TV was ordinary and Polak was awful.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
They have struggled Goodie, but part of the reason for that has been they were playing 2 on 1 with a unfit ruckman all year. This was the first game they had two real ruckman playing in a game and they befitted from that.

If you look at the ruck stats from Sunday (http://www.prowess.com.au/pro-stats/reports/free_match_report_62.pdf) Gus was fine in his contests, TV was ordinary and Polak was awful.

nice work there kurtzy. we smashed them in the contested possessions didn't we. martin cotch jacko foley etc

LidsBling&Cotch said:
nice work there kurtzy. we smashed them in the contested possessions didn't we. martin cotch jacko foley etc

Yep and against a midfield that had some seriously talented contested ball winners

B1 and B2 said:
Anyone who can take a couple of big grabs up forward like he did must have some upside.

B1

I reckon half the people on this forum would be better than Simmonds.

Even Graham's couple of marks in the forward 50 were three or four grabbers....a decent defender would have no problem punching it away from those hands.

I am far from being sold on him....but agree, he is better than Simmonds.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I reckon half the people on this forum would be better than Simmonds.

Even Graham's couple of marks in the forward 50 were three or four grabbers....a decent defender would have no problem punching it away from those hands.

I am far from being sold on him....but agree, he is better than Simmonds.

I’m not sold either PP, just think he shows enough that he MAY be good for us.

And there's no doubt I could do better than Simmonds!

B1

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Yes I use prowess quite often. I guess the point is not how many tap outs but how many were to advantage. We were beaten convincingly in that area, which gives even more credence to the efforts of our midfield to win so much of the clearances. I agree with others though, based on that performance Graham deserves to be there ahead of Simmonds.

rather than using his game yesterday to criticise the coaching staff for not picking him earlier in the year, does anyone think the time at coburg may have done him good, and allowed him to play to that level?- that level being a decent game, not overly good, but prob about the best we can hope for from gus.

I am not sold on him at all but that was far & away his best game for the club. If that can pump his confidence up & he can improve on that...then he is worth retaining. He still needs to improve but that was the most encouraged I have been for his time with us by a long way.

B1 and B2 said:

B1
The boot studder is a better option than Simmonds

mb64 said:
The boot studder is a better option than Simmonds

I've seen the boot studder. Definitely good below his knees but I still think Simmonds has the better leap, just.

Got beaten by that pr!ck Hille... seemed to go missing at times? but I liked his attack on the ball and he used it well.