Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Like we had to suffer through every one of Tiger's 129 shots on Friday.

At least we'll get to see Scott tonight, playing with Lowry. They've even deigned to show a few putts of Day.
Ha ha. We barely saw Scott, at least on the back nine anyway, I was asleep his front nine. Unfortunately he was not in contention but if he was Bob Mc we would have seen every shot of his back nine and got reminded he is a loved local 4000 times.

I doubt a lot of guys involved in directing the coverage are actually fans. As a fan you want to see live action, not replays (you can always tell when something is on delay) and you want to see everyone that is in the mix play every shot.

Reactions: 1 users
De Shambles was a huge disappointment.
It does not suit his game. Hit's it way too high and will always struggle playing that way in the wind.

Reckon you will see him get over earlier next year and at least play the Scottish Open. And get his setup right and learn to hit it lower. The guy is very analytical and he loves the game, reckon he knows that the BO is the most prestigous of the majors and will desperate to have his name on that jug.

I loved his practice round bit with The Live team where he played a hole with Johnson Wagner. He was very relaxed and entertaining and even gave a great chipping tip at the back of the 1st green. He really has become a much more likeable player, he is very open and entertaining, and I don't think it is fake.

Reactions: 3 users
It does not suit his game. Hit's it way too high and will always struggle playing that way in the wind.

Reckon you will see him get over earlier next year and at least play the Scottish Open. And get his setup right and learn to hit it lower. The guy is very analytical and he loves the game, reckon he knows that the BO is the most prestigous of the majors and will desperate to have his name on that jug.

I loved his practice round bit with The Live team where he played a hole with Johnson Wagner. He was very relaxed and entertaining and even gave a great chipping tip at the back of the 1st green. He really has become a much more likeable player, he is very open and entertaining, and I don't think it is fake.
Looked a bit out of place in these strange British golf courses. Too Americanised?

Looked a bit out of place in these strange British golf courses. Too Americanised?
Most do. But I reckon he will really have a crack at improving there. The only way is to get better control of his golf ball and hit it lower.

Reactions: 1 user
NOBET PAYS WINS 2024 PRE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP !

Unless I receive more objections, despite submitting his tips after the British Open had actually started, the executive committee has, never the less, decided to declare Nobet Pays the official winner of the 2024 PRE Open Championship. The thinking of the committee was that in 25 years of posting on PRE that the very old man has never won anything or got anything right, and that if he ever was to, then he'd need a leg up before he bottles it. So this is it.

However, an asterisk will be placed on the PRE Major Champions Honour Board as a mark of respect to those who have won a major, and did so by arriving on the 1st tee on time and without cheating. I know...I know...a sullied major championship. But what did you expect from Nobets ?

Nobets wins with a final score of +7, four shots clear of myself at +11. Tigerforce having his best major ever finishes third and gets on the podium at +26. Well done Forces. Spoof climbs three spots in the final round and comes in fourth at +27 just missing the podium. Danners maintains 5th spot at +28 and ole Toigs slips from 4th to 6th at +31. Furball in 7th at +34. Best final round scores were myself at -5 thanks to Souffele, Nobets with -2, spoof with +2 and Tigerforce and Danners with +4's. CHECK YOUR SCORES.

A captivating but brutal Open at Troon. Souffle just lights out on the back 9 today. Brilliant golf. Blew them into the weeds. Amazing. Thought Rose, Lawrence of Arabia and Horshack were gutsy but just couldn't go with The Souf. Henley Homes couldn't hit an approach iron to save himself. Snuffler has a 4 putt. Wow. (Interesting observation by McGinley about him earlier in the week.....hmmm. Maybe he's onto something.) Matthew Jordan.....71 71 71 71. Not bad !

Anyway, that now concludes this year's PRE Major Championships. Hope it was fun for all that competed. Congrats to major winners Nobets, Miles Davis and spoof. Moopsgomerie....well....what can we all say. Another year comes...another year goes ole mate.

Anyway, its off to Greenacres where hopefully Nobets will pour us one of his brandies in the oldies' reading room.

See you all at the 2025 US Masters.
1721618090883.png
1721618382310.png
1721618108899.png
1721618127194.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats Leysy, another win for the Princes of Punditry!

Thanks Dudford, fun as always. Can't believe I swapped out Rose for Clark at the last minute but wouldn't have made the difference anyway. (Would it? Please tell me it wouldn't)

Just heard from Queen Laura that Leysy Boy's late entry was too grey to assess.

No spoon finish for me this time. Shows once again, I can perform better at the Brits than at the Yanks.

Great final day from Shorefly. Stayed within range and stormed in. Sheer frustration from Lowry was easy to see.

Haha! Thanks for running Redford. Good fun!

All those hours of study paid off!!

Moopsgomerie....well....what can we all say. Another year comes...another year goes ole mate.

All good Red. I just use the golf majors as a tune up for the tipping comp everyone wants to win - The MopsClelland ! Only 6 odd weeks to go until the real football season starts !

In all seriousness another very well run event by your good self. Kudos on hosting us all during all the majors. Top fun.

Well done Leysy on taking out the BO. Amazing final score given the carnage that played out on the course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Haha! Thanks for running Redford. Good fun!

All those hours of study paid off!!
Well done Navy. Key is getting more than 6 through the weekend, always a great effort if you can do that.

Apparently need more than 1 major to be considered for the HOF so keep punching.

Great stuff Red, always entertaining. Just a shame the major season comes and goes in a blink.

Thanks Redford. 7th at Troon I’m happy with that. Holes 7 to 12 are up there with the most beautiful in golf.

Great stuff Red, always entertaining. Just a shame the major season comes and goes in a blink.
Yeah. Was thinking that a few times this week. It was also brought up on Live ie is the scheduling of the majors all wrong ? Considering the Euro and USA summers still have 6 weeks to go, I think it is.

Too crammed in. The PGA used to always be played in August but they stuffed everything up by wanting to play in May.

Yeah. Was thinking that a few times this week. It was also brought up on Live ie is the scheduling of the majors all wrong ? Considering the Euro and USA summers still have 6 weeks to go, I think it is.

Too crammed in. The PGA used to always be played in August but they stuffed everything up by wanting to play in May.
Do the Aussie Open in late November. What should be the 5th major as some say. At least this time we can watch the full 4 days.

Thanks for organising Red, is a great competition. Will look to be back next year, with a years experience under my belt and a few players on my ‘never again’ list…

Thanks for organising Red, is a great competition. Will look to be back next year, with a years experience under my belt and a few players on my ‘never again’ list…
Very much 'this'........Red, Thanks for organizing. Welcome diversion in such a dire footy season. Good fun