Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Macintyre, who won last weeks Scottish Open shot 1 over for his first round. Through 4 holes in his second round, he has gone triple bogie, bogie, bogie, triple bogie to be 9 over.

Imagine playing Troon every Saturday as a club member.Any wonder darts is popular.

Reactions: 1 user
Macintyre, who won last weeks Scottish Open shot 1 over for his first round. Through 4 holes in his second round, he has gone triple bogie, bogie, bogie, triple bogie to be 9 over.
Not enough aliens about today to drop mystery, abandoned "sprinkler heads" deep in the rough for him this round?

Pity. Must be a trick you can only use once!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
2nd Round 2024 PRE Open Championship

Just the scores this morning. Sorry, got a long trip to the country to watch some football today. Will clean up any errors etc tomorrow.

3rd round scores will be late because I wont get back till Sunday night. Think Nobets is still leading by the looks !

1721429691366.png
1721429720739.png

There is something a lot of fun (at times) about playing in strong winds on open courses.

Used to play at Sanctuary Lakes and it would usually blow there. Not often was it calm. But if you are striking it well you can really use the wind to your benefit. Love watching the BO when the wind gets up.

Most of the Aussies have blown up, or been blown away, except Scott just making the cut but Day putting in a great Rd of -3 to be -1 and tied 7th. Really good effort.
As for MWL, really disappointing, can't play tight course IMO, too wild and loose still.
Same goes for Cam Smith but worse. It seems like every major he comes in saying how he's been coming into timely good form and has been really improving, sorting out his driving. Funny!
Missed the cut at +12, worst score by any Aussie or NZlander. Beaten by newbies Stubbs, Smilie and Kobori. From what little coverage of him l could see (telecast ignored him like irrelevant), can't even hit a long or mid iron straight down fairly wide fairways.
Has going to LIV just turned him into a slacker who will never fulfil his ability?
Not good omens with Cam.

Most of the Aussies have blown up, or been blown away, except Scott just making the cut but Day putting in a great Rd of -3 to be -1 and tied 7th. Really good effort.
As for MWL, really disappointing, can't play tight course IMO, too wild and loose still.
Same goes for Cam Smith but worse. It seems like every major he comes in saying how he's been coming into timely good form and has been really improving, sorting out his driving. Funny!
Missed the cut at +12, worst score by any Aussie or NZlander. Beaten by newbies Stubbs, Smilie and Kobori. From what little coverage of him l could see (telecast ignored him like irrelevant), can't even hit a long or mid iron straight down fairly wide fairways.
Has going to LIV just turned him into a slacker who will never fulfil his ability?
Not good omens with Cam.

Agree regarding Cam Smith.

Any motivation he ever had seems to have gone with the big pay cheque.

Hope he turns it around, he is our most talented golfer by a long way.

Horshack ! Tight leaderboard. A Scott not out of it.

Out in the country at the moment. Will update round 3 scores (and check round 2 ones as well) when I get home later this afternoon.

Big night of golf ahead hackers !

So much fun, woke up at 3.30am and watched a lot of the leaders play the back nine. Love this style of golf, I am always surprised that they can keep hands/grips dry when its windy and raining. Understand they have a caddy but surely when they step out from under the umbrella the grips and hands can get wet?

Shuffles played so well and putted so crap. I think something like 78th of 80 for putting on the day. He just cannot seem to fix it.

The best major but the worst viewing convenience for the weekend rounds. Should be a gripping final round, anyone with tyips on how to manage to watch it and go to work the next day?

Reactions: 2 users
The worst coverage too.

Great final round coming up. Nine players within 3 shots of the lead. Would love to see Scott post another 66 or better, would give him a shot.

Lowry imploded from the postage stamp onwards. Horschel, Rose and Schauffele solid. Brown too. Shuffles would be three clear if he could hole a putt.

Love links golf with the wind. Some real creativity and craft on display.

Yeh, the camera work and the focus on just a few players is annoying. And I miss Faldo commentating. Sam T is good and a few others are OK but not in Faldo's class.

Round 3 2024 PRE Open Championship

Another tough day at Royal Troon. A lot of players having to get "up and doooon at Troon"....for double bogey.

Billy Horshack takes the lead at Troon. Good on him, but I doubt he'll win. Snuffler looks ominous. I think the conditions will suit him better tonight. Souffele ? Not sure. Scott will need something special but again, conditions will also suit tonight I think. Lowry implodes in round 3 but I wouldn't count him out. Thomas sneaky ?

But in the more important event, the 2024 PRE Open Championship, it was both MD Jazz (climbs from 14th to 9th) and RoryBaby who scintillated in round 3 with a staggering -1 each. Danners also super impressive with a +2. Toigs was the next best another 5 strokes back with a +4. Tough for every one else.

But, thanks to Russell Henley's -5 it's Nobet Pays at +9 that still holds a 7 shot lead over RPR at +16. Tigerforce having his best ever major is 3rd at +22 followed by Toigs in 4th at +23 and Danners and furball equal 5th at +24 and spoof in 7th at +25. Somebody do something !!!

The cut was +6 and the 3rd round average was 72.43 meaning the score applied to those players missing the cut was 72+2=74.....or +3. CHECK YOUR SCORES AND LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANY ERRORS.

Anyway, this course looks like it might still have a tale or two to tell yet. Good to see these guys being challenged.

C'mon !

1721541435062.png

1721541493318.png
1721541519737.png

Another tough day at Royal Troon. A lot of players having to get "up and doooon at Troon"....for double bogey.

Billy Horshack takes the lead at Troon. Good on him, but I doubt he'll win. Snuffler looks ominous. I think the conditions will suit him better tonight. Souffele ? Not sure. Scott will need something special but again, conditions will also suit tonight I think. Lowry implodes in round 3 but I wouldn't count him out. Thomas sneaky ?

But in the more important event, the 2024 PRE Open Championship, it was both MD Jazz (climbs from 14th to 9th) and RoryBaby who scintillated in round 3 with a staggering -1 each. Danners also super impressive with a +2. Toigs was the next best another 5 strokes back with a +4. Tough for every one else.

But, thanks to Russell Henley's -5 it's Nobet Pays at +9 that still holds a 7 shot lead over RPR at +16. Tigerforce having his best ever major is 3rd at +22 followed by Toigs in 4th at +23 and Danners and furball equal 5th at +24 and spoof in 7th at +25. Somebody do something !!!

The cut was +6 and the 3rd round average was 72.43 meaning the score applied to those players missing the cut was 72+2=74.....or +3. CHECK YOUR SCORES AND LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANY ERRORS.

Anyway, this course looks like it might still have a tale or two to tell yet. Good to see these guys being challenged.

C'mon !
What about Thomas, you give him a chance Redders? I got $61 after he shot 31 on the front nine.

It was a big mistake for anyone leaving shuffler out of their team.

Hard to see Navy losing it from here with 7 players through the cut and a 7 shot lead.

A lot of good players in front of Scott, will need to shoot something like 64 to win.

What about Thomas, you give him a chance Redders? I got $61 after he shot 31 on the front nine.
He's been pretty average this year so far, but in recent weeks he's been throwing in the odd super low round. He threw up a good one at the Scottish and did again yesterday.

Horshack, Henley, Lawrence, Rose, Burns and Brown don't exactly fill me with a lot of confidence, so yes, he's a chance. Bit erratic, but a chance just the same.

C'mon !

View attachment 23513

View attachment 23514
View attachment 23515
Thanks to Shorefly for keeping me in, but with a big gap between you and LeysyBoy, he will run away with the title.