Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Seniors British Open has been great this week. Carnoustie looks magnificent.

Good course that Carnoustie. Richard Green playing well again.

Last edited:
Karl Vilips - T3 currently this week, possibly onto the tour next year if he keeps this up over coming weeks.
Cheers for that D P, a very impressive start to his career over there.

Keeping myself up late just watching the final round of the Olympics women's golf. Lydia Ko will almost certainly win gold because she just was steadier than the rest of the field.
But Hannah Green? Was she even trying? Could have really contended for gold with just a little more care and effort. Not sure how she wins a bit on the LPGA tour. Such a poor putt. At least did much better than Minjee who was never in the hunt after blowing up rd.2, like her brother although it was Rd. 1 for him.
Overall, our talent in world golf looks very ordinary and no depth. Not sure if it might be better to play this event with a cut. A lot of the field playing 2 extra rounds for absolutely no reason whatsoever - no prize money. Just to record a futile appearance for the sake of it?

Last edited:
Keeping myself up late just watching the final round of the Olympics women's golf. Lydia Ko will almost certainly win gold because she just was steadier than the rest of the field.
But Hannah Green? Was she even trying? Could have really contended for gold with just a little more care and effort. Not sure how she wins a bit on the LPGA tour. Such a poor putt. At least did much better than Minjee who was never in the hunt after blowing up rd.2, like her brother although it was Rd. 1 for him.
Overall, our talent in world golf looks very ordinary and no depth. Not sure if it might be better to play this event with a cut. A lot of the field playing 2 extra rounds for absolutely no reason whatsoever - no prize money. Just to record a futile appearance for the sake of it?
Your a little harsh Leon, she I was disappointed that Hannah didn't medal, she was 11 under for the last 54 holes though. A poor first round is what cost her.

Your a little harsh Leon, she I was disappointed that Hannah didn't medal, she was 11 under for the last 54 holes though. A poor first round is what cost her.
Yes, l'm probably just disappointed. Sure that's true; a strong recovery. But l don't watch much women's golf at all so never seen her play much at all.
Just thought she had real chances this final round with good driving and some approaches. But when she had birdie putts, missed badly. Thought her putting stood out for being poorer than most.
Then on 18, could have won the bronze by changing her strategy and going for the green in 2 like many of the women did. Hit a perfect drive only to lay up. Then stuffed a short sand wedge to about 15m left of the hole, again missed the putt for a mere par. On a definite birdie hole for many others.
What was the point in not going for even an eagle, let alone birdie. So what is the point of finishing tied 4th in an Olympic event? Surely you risk it?

Heard from one of my pupils that Huntingdale and Metro are likely to merge in someway , first I’ve heard of that , any idea if true ???

Heard from one of my pupils that Huntingdale and Metro are likely to merge in someway , first I’ve heard of that , any idea if true ???
BS. The members of Huntingdale would love that to happen but Metro consider Huntingdale beneath them. Metro has ZERO need to merge with Huntingdale.

Huntingdale have been looking to merge with anyone and everyone for about 10 years now due to the enormous debt they have.

Reactions: 1 user
Have heard the same thing. Although that was from a Huntingdale member. But he is pretty well connected.

Looks like Huntingdale have lost a few members. Anyway let's hope they spend Cranbournes 10 mill wisely

Adam Scott is 1 of 8 for putts of 5-10ft for his round. And has hit 2 out of bounds off tee on Par 5's.

Only 2 back though

Adam Scott is 1 of 8 for putts of 5-10ft for his round. And has hit 2 out of bounds off tee on Par 5's.

Only 2 back though
He doesn't like the lens that comes with leading or being in the last group or two. He's also not that smart at times. Using the driver on the 3rd was patently dumb. Straight into the water. Didn't look like doing anything else when the obvious play was a 3 wood.

He played pretty well, just missed too many makeable putts. Bradley is not likely to run away with it. Aberg has had last round issues as has Noren.

Big opportunity fo Scotty. He hits that 3 wood far enough.

He played pretty well, just missed too many makeable putts. Bradley is not likely to run away with it. Aberg has had last round issues as has Noren.

Big opportunity fo Scotty. He hits that 3 wood far enough.
He'll *** it up like most Australians do.

Reactions: 1 user