Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

congrats nobets....good to see the joy spread around.

like ur strategy of not loading up too heavily on the short priced...great get on henley.
i might have to reassess.
i overspent on privately messed up public rors and the shambolic entertainer who forgot about his work ethic.

loved watching effortless xander, thriston, lowry & brown.
loved the weather & the course.

many thks red for the time & effort.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting Snuffler, Johnson and some others said that the back 9 in the 3rd round was the toughest 9 holes of golf they'd ever played.

I don't know if you'd want it that hard each week, but geez I think I'd prefer it to the softo bs "shooting fish in a barrel" tracks they play most of the time nowadays with sub 60 scores and -27 winning.

Reactions: 1 users
Played Gunnamatta at The Nash off the black tees the other day. What a completely different outlook I have on that course now. It's quite beautiful from the blacks, lots of elevated tees and stunning views. The wind was up too which made it pretty challenging. A lot of fun.

Talking to some members there apparently the single member shares are now selling at around $50-60K. Annual subs of $6K. If you can play a couple of timnes a week it is definitely worth it, when Long Island is finished you will have a great selection of courses to play.

Ha ha. We barely saw Scott, at least on the back nine anyway, I was asleep his front nine. Unfortunately he was not in contention but if he was Bob Mc we would have seen every shot of his back nine and got reminded he is a loved local 4000 times.

I doubt a lot of guys involved in directing the coverage are actually fans. As a fan you want to see live action, not replays (you can always tell when something is on delay) and you want to see everyone that is in the mix play every shot.
Belated comment l know, but it took me most of the next day to see it all rather than stay up all night and be wrecked for days. But coverage of Aussie players was really disappointing and disrespectful. They showed Day's charge on the final 9 only because the leaders were yet to hit off. But as soon as he bogied 8 or 9, he was dropped like a hot haggis! Didn't even have the decency to show him playing out on 18 which was unusual. #[For a very decent 68 which we saw none of on the back 9] ## Edit - added later.

Yet, we saw 'sprinkler-head' Bob ad nauseam despite having a far worse score than our guys. And there was the prior really annoying coverage of old Tiger, Spieth and other Anglo American faves.
Regrettably, with the PGA and DP tours dominant, they basically think that golf is owned by the northern hemisphere. No wonder people flock to LIV Adelaide.
Tough days for our players.

Last edited:
Yeh, Spieth has been out of form for more than 12 months yet they almost show every shot.

And Bob Mc - that was pathetic to show every shot of every hole when he was butchering it everywhere.

I kinda wish he never won the Scottish Open now, I am sure if it was Patrick Reed winning that way in the US over Bob there would have been outrage from the Euros.

Yeh, Spieth has been out of form for more than 12 months yet they almost show every shot.

And Bob Mc - that was pathetic to show every shot of every hole when he was butchering it everywhere.

I kinda wish he never won the Scottish Open now, I am sure if it was Patrick Reed winning that way in the US over Bob there would have been outrage from the Euros.
And how many times did they say how good Spieth was around the greens.

Speef is a pain in the arse. Doesn't shut up on the golf course. And one of the slowest players going around too.

If I hear the commentators say "Speef and Greller what a great combination...listen to the interaction..." I'm gonna throw up.

In my eyes, he never did. The best he should/could have done was a play-off with Adam Scott, but for being allowed that blatantly cheating drop that ... he could only feel the mysterious sprinkler-head because he just happened to be wearing shoes with metal front spikes, which he just had to let us all know about, right!?

Has anyone else ever seen the mysterious sprinkler-head buried a yard-deep in the rough? Did the official even who very promptly gave him the free pass - once the cameras moved away? So, even if it existed which I totally doubt, he couldn't possibly stand to play the ball from its lie? Was buried there and would have been very lucky indeed not to take another couple of shots to extract to the fairway/green.

Anyway, he would have obviously been far too hungover after a gallon of shouted whisky since to possibly play that well again in the Open ... or get so lucky again! All a total rort. :(:cautious:

Last edited:
In my eyes, he never did. The best he should/could have done was a play-off with Adam Scott, but for being allowed that blatantly cheating drop that ... he could only feel the mysterious sprinkler-head because he just happened to be wearing shoes with metal front spikes, which he just had to let us all know about, right!?

Has anyone else ever seen the mysterious sprinkler-head buried a yard-deep in the rough? Did the official even who very promptly gave him the free pass - once the cameras moved away? So, even if it existed which I totally doubt, he couldn't possibly stand to play the ball from its lie? Was buried there and would have been very lucky indeed not to take another couple of shots to extract to the fairway/green.

Anyway, he would have obviously been far too hungover after a gallon of shouted whisky since to possibly play that well again in the Open ... or get so lucky again! All a total rort. :(:cautious:
No doubt the sprinkler head was there before they re-routed the hole.

And fwiw, it wasn't a Scottish ref either that gave him the fundamental and 100% correct relief, it was an English ref. And like anyone, they'd know a sprinkler head if they saw one.

You gotta get over it Leon. Totally correct application of the rules, as lucky as he may have been. More often than not the rules are disadvantageous so you take the odd good with the many bad, when you can.

Calling him a cheat is patently absurd.

Not one player, official, commentator, journo, considers it anything but the standard application of the rules that any player in the game would be entitled to, and should absolutely use to their benefit.

Lucky ? Yes. Cheat ? Really poor assertion on the young fella.

Last edited:
Played Gunnamatta at The Nash off the black tees the other day. What a completely different outlook I have on that course now. It's quite beautiful from the blacks, lots of elevated tees and stunning views. The wind was up too which made it pretty challenging. A lot of fun.

Talking to some members there apparently the single member shares are now selling at around $50-60K. Annual subs of $6K. If you can play a couple of timnes a week it is definitely worth it, when Long Island is finished you will have a great selection of courses to play.
A mate sold his a couple months ago for 48k , annuals are now 5800 , leases are getting hard to get now , a mate waited 9 months recently.

Carnoustie the clear most overrated ordinary golf course on the planet …. Hogans alley blah blah , seen better golf holes on sand scrape courses around the bush, so much luck on how the ball bounces on the fairway

A mate sold his a couple months ago for 48k , annuals are now 5800 , leases are getting hard to get now , a mate waited 9 months recently.

Carnoustie the clear most overrated ordinary golf course on the planet …. Hogans alley blah blah , seen better golf holes on sand scrape courses around the bush, so much luck on how the ball bounces on the fairway
Uh oh. Sounds like someone had a ton at Carnoustie.....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user