Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Hahaha freaking Wyndy why oh why did I bring him back ??

Shocking display by the majority of my team.

First timers Rory and Fleetwood will be only timers !
I was very close to swapping him in.

And Rory & Tommy, WTF? I watched a fair bit of Fleetwood and he looked depressed from the first tee shot. I think it may be the first time I have picked either also, Rory clearly not over the US failure.

Who knows what happens today, it's the sort of course you can rack up a big number quickly. Any tipster that gets at least 6 through the cut will have done well.

Cut is low 70 and ties, you would think that will be somewhere around 4 over. Wind speed looks similar to the first day, getting stronger in the afternoon.

Reactions: 1 user

And Rory & Tommy, WTF? I watched a fair bit of Fleetwood and he looked depressed from the first tee shot. I think it may be the first time I have picked either also, Rory clearly not over the US failure.

Who knows what happens today, it's the sort of course you can rack up a big number quickly. Any tipster that gets at least 6 through the cut will have done well.

Cut is low 70 and ties, you would think that will be somewhere around 4 over. Wind speed looks similar to the first day, getting stronger in the afternoon.

Not sure on this as I crashed out early, but it seems those that teed it up early and late had the best of the conditions?

Course certainly punishes anything wayward. Some of that rough is brutal.

If the cut is +4 I would only have 2 players through on the weekend as things stand at the moment I think. Ouch!

Not sure on this as I crashed out early, but it seems those that teed it up early and late had the best of the conditions?

Course certainly punishes anything wayward. Some of that rough is brutal.

If the cut is +4 I would only have 2 players through on the weekend as things stand at the moment I think. Ouch!
I think early was definitely best, I didn't see what it was like really late, although reportedly calmed down for the back nine of the leader Brown. When Woods teed off it was probably at it's worst - pretty windy & raining.

If conditions are similar you would imagine the average scores overall should improve - players have had a proper look at the course and conditions and should be a little better than the first day? Could be wild fluctuations again, Wallace was 4 under after 8 and flying then had a triple bogey on 9. Luck plays a big part, a decent bounce can be the difference between birdie and double.

Would think the cut will go out slightly and be at least 3 over.

Harrington & Cejka did well of the senior brigade, both teeing up in the afternoon. Harrington not so much a surprise, they both have the earlier tee time so in contention to make the cut.

A lot of work fro Rory & Tommy. Doubt either make the cut with the late tee times. At least they will have an idea of the cut line by the time they tee off so can play accordingly.

I loved the Par 5 on the back nine with the burn at about 300 yds, it was playing down wind and a few players flew it. Scott & Ancer both put it in the hazard whilst trying to lay up. Dumb mistake.

1st Round 2024 PRE Open Championship

Well, well, well. What a bit of wind and rough does to these blokes. Thank goodness for the US Open and British Opens. None of this softo week to week stuff on the Tour and LIV. A 200m par 3 into the wind brings these high, short iron blokes to their knees half of them. Refreshing.

But what great rounds from how now Brown cow and Lowry. Lowry is just made for this stuff. Number of decent players just a few back though. Long way to go.

However, have McIlroy, Smith, Clark, DeChumpo and Fleetwood (and to a lesser extent Kitayama who was also a popular pick), crushed the dreams of PRE Open aspirants ? Good grief. Rory and Smith were all over the place. Interesting to note that apart from Brooks Kupcakes and Niemann, the LIV players have largely, gone missing. Anyway, they swap around tee times tonight so lets see what that provides.

As far as the 2024 PRE Open Championship goes I have to apologise to everyone. Seems there's a scoreboard glitch in my calculations as it's showing Nobet Pays as the 1st round leader at -2. Don't worry, I'll fix that in round 2. In second place is spoof at +3 who could have been much closer if not for Wind-dumb Clark. Tied for third place is Toigs and BT Tiger a shot back who were in the same situation as a lot of us with Wind-dumb. Wake up Wind-dumb !

Lot of golf to go under the water yet (or the wind as the case will be).

Couple of house cleaning items. Thomas Detry did not tee it up so for Moops, angle ankle and Danners, he was replaced with Will Zalatoris. Sebastian Soderberg pulled out with a bad back and rib (he's had it for a while) so for BT Tiger he was replaced with Thorbjorn Olesen. You'll be happy with that Beets as Olesen shot +1. Also, Romain Langasque pulled out half way though, so for Danners and RoryBaby he is replaced with Ryo Hisatsune.

Check your scores. Biggest field ever for the biggest and best major of them all.

Round 2 on soon. C'moooon !

1721361808755.png

1721361942805.png
1721361967038.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Very astute pick up there re Fleetwood Miles. Thought exactly the same thing from the very moment he teed off. Something's up with him. He trudged around all day long with a despondent look on his face. Unusual for him.

Well, well, well. What a bit of wind and rough does to these blokes. Thank goodness for the US Open and British Opens. None of this softo week to week stuff on the Tour and LIV. A 200m par 3 into the wind brings these high, short iron blokes to their knees half of them. Refreshing.

But what great rounds from how now Brown cow and Lowry. Lowry is just made for this stuff. Number of decent players just a few back though. Long way to go.

However, have McIlroy, Smith, Clark, DeChumpo and Fleetwood (and to a lesser extent Kitayama who was also a popular pick), crushed the dreams of PRE Open aspirants ? Good grief. Rory and Smith were all over the place. Interesting to note that apart from Brooks Kupcakes and Niemann, the LIV players have largely, gone missing. Anyway, they swap around tee times tonight so lets see what that provides.

As far as the 2024 PRE Open Championship goes I have to apologise to everyone. Seems there's a scoreboard glitch in my calculations as it's showing Nobet Pays as the 1st round leader at -2. Don't worry, I'll fix that in round 2. In second place is spoof at +3 who could have been much closer if not for Wind-dumb Clark. Tied for third place is Toigs and BT Tiger a shot back who were in the same situation as a lot of us with Wind-dumb. Wake up Wind-dumb !

Couple of house cleaning items. Thomas Detry did not tee it up so for Moops, angle ankle and Danners, he was replaced with Will Zalatoris. Sebastian Soderberg pulled out with a bad back and rib (he's had it for a while) so for BT Tiger he was replaced with Thorbjorn Olesen. You'll be happy with that Beets as Olesen shot +1. Also, Romain Langasque pulled out half way though, so for Danners and RoryBaby he is replaced with Ryo Hisatsune.

Check your scores. Biggest field ever for the biggest and best major of them all.

View attachment 23472

View attachment 23473
View attachment 23474
De Shambles needs to stop drinking Scottish bathwater and lift!!

Very astute pick up there re Fleetwood Miles. Thought exactly the same thing from the very moment he teed off. Something's up with him. He trudged around all day long with a despondent look on his face. Unusual for him.
Yeh, and he was playing with Ryder cup teammates FFS, I thought they would have a great day and gee each other up. He looked sad. Perhaps he'd loaded up on the Poms at the Euros and Rahm kept reminding him about it?

Reactions: 1 users
I've had Straka 2 or 3 times in PRE Majors, I hummed and hawed between he and Rai, both valued at 35, pulled the wrong rein:(
I did the same with Fitzpatrick and Koepka, they both shot the same score.

Come on Rai lift lad lift.

Last edited:

View attachment 23472

View attachment 23473
View attachment 23474
What do the numbers in the far right column represent? I know your score is the bottom one of these but what about the ones that are in the same rows as the players?

What do the numbers in the far right column represent? I know your score is the bottom one of these but what about the ones that are in the same rows as the players?
The far right is just the best scores in order, then best 6 tallied up at the bottom of it. The column next to it is the actual score for all 8 players.

Left hand column actual player score.

Right hand column is the scores in order of best to worst

The far right is just the best scores in order, then best 6 tallied up at the bottom of it. The column next to it is the actual score for all 8 players.
Looking at the table no one a certainty to get 6 players through the cut

Gee how nice to be playing early. Wind low at moment. Fox/Conners have an opportunity to really post a good score.

Gee how nice to be playing early. Wind low at moment. Fox/Conners have an opportunity to really post a good score.
Not for long. Will hit 23kph by 9am then get steadily windier by a bit more than yesterday.

Amazing how many guys were just 60 yards from the pin on the fairway yesterday, but couldn't get 10 feet from it half of them. Links golf and wind. Awesome.

Not for long. Will hit 23kph by 9am then get steadily windier by a bit more than yesterday.
At least they can get through 9 or 10 with the calmer conditions.

You would think Rory is almost no chance to make the cut, would need to shoot a couple under which at that time will be extremely difficult. I do not think the wind is predicted to die off at the end of day like it did for first round.

At least they can get through 9 or 10 with the calmer conditions.

You would think Rory is almost no chance to make the cut, would need to shoot a couple under which at that time will be extremely difficult. I do not think the wind is predicted to die off at the end of day like it did for first round.
Maybe McGinley is right. Rory can't play the wind.