Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

2024 PRE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP !

And here it is. The final PRE Major of the year - the PRE Open Championship from Old Tooon Troon. (Another scene of a Greg Norman disaster). Some say this is the biggest and the best. Quite possibly.

Anyway, good course Royal Troon. Should be a good Open.

What about me 'ole mate Moopsgomerie. Dunno if I can see the old boy go another year without winning a major and then having to wait 8 months to have another crack. C'mon Moops....find something ! MD has had a good year. The one to beat imo. Suspect angle ankle will turn up as well.

View attachment 23432

Right. Lets get it on again for the final time this year. The rules again:

Pick eight players with a combined price of 350 or under. Best six scores are counted EACH DAY and added up for a daily team score. The daily team scores are then added up each day to provide a rolling leaderboard with the lowest total at the end of 4 days being the winner (Redford P. Reds).

Any players in your team that don’t make the cut are given a daily score of field average plus two.

In the event of a tie, the lowest final round team score wins.

Any WDs will be subbed by the player immediately below your WD.

Entries close Thursday July 18 at 5.30 pm when the first group goes off.

Anybody is welcome to play. Good luck and may the best Redford win. Hoots mon !

Scottie Scheffler 110
Ludvig Aberg 100
Rory McIlroy 95
Bryson DeChambeau 90
Xander Schauffele 90
Collin Morikawa 85
Viktor Hovland 80
Tommy Fleetwood 80
Jon Rahm 80
Shane Lowry 75
Cameron Smith 75
Patrick Cantlay 75
Robert MacIntyre 70
Tyrrell Hatton 70
Hideki Matsuyama 70
Justin Thomas 65
Tony Finau 65
Min Woo Lee 65
Brooks Koepka 60
Sahith Theegala 60
Tom Kim 60
Matt Fitzpatrick 60
Brian Harman 55
Cameron Young 55
Adam Scott 55
Max Homa 55
Joaquin Niemann 55
Sung Jae Im 50
Corey Conners 50
Jason Day 50
Jordan Spieth 45
Nicolai Hojgaard 45
Akshay Bhatia 40
Thomas Detry 40
Will Zalatoris 40
Aaron Rai 35
Wyndham Clark 35
Sepp Straka 35
Sam Burns 35
Russell Henley 35
Justin Rose 32
Dustin Johnson 32
Si Woo Kim 32
Ryan Fox 30
Christiaan Bezuidenhout 30
Mattieu Pavon 30
Dean Burmester 28
Ewen Ferguson 28
Louis Oosthuizen 28
Davis Thompson 28
Rickie Fowler 27
Byeony Hun An 27
Rasmus Hojgaard 25
Jordan Smith 25
Abraham Ancer 25
Billy Horschel 22
Denny McCarthy 22
Keegan Bradley 22
Matthew Southgate 20
Padraig Harrington 20
Adrian Meronk 20
Adam Hadwin 20
Eric Cole 20
Harrison English 18
Kurt Kitayama 18
JT Poston 18
Phil Mickelson 15
Tiger Woods 15
Tom Hoge 15
Tom McKibbin 12
Henrik Stenson 12
Keita Nakajima 12
Matt Wallace 12
Laurie Canter 12
Lucas Glover 10
Matteo Manassero 10
Maverick McNealy 10
Romain Langasque 10
Ryo Hisatsune 10
Sebastian Soderberg 8
Thorbjorn Olesen 8
Nick Taylor 8
Victor Perez 8
Chris Kirk 8
Guido Migliozzi 7
John Catlin 7
Matthew Jordan 7
Taylor Moore 7
Rikuya Hoshino 5
Shubhankar Sharma 5
Austin Eckroat 5
Thriston Lawrence 5
Alexander Bjork 5
Ben Griffin 5
Brendon Todd 5
CT Pan 5
David Puig 5
Gary Woodland 5
Gordon Sargent 4
Jorge Campillo 4
Mackenzie Hughes 4
Sam Horsfield 4
Sean Crocker 4
Stephen Jaeger 4
Stewart Cink 4
Yannik Paul 4
Dan Bradbury 4
Dominic Clemons 4
Emiliana Grillo 4
Francesco Molinari 4
Joe Dean 3
Sami Valimaki 3
Adam Schenk 3
Altin Van Der Merwe 3
Andy Ogletree 3
Angel Hidalgo 3
Calum Scott 3
Daniel Brown 2
Daniel Hillier 2
Darren Fichardt 2
Elvis Smylie 2
Jacob Skov Olesen 2
Jaime Montojo 2
Kazuma Kobori 2
Liam Noaln 2
Luis Masaveu 2
Marcel Siem 2
Zach Johnson 2
Masahiro Kawamura 1
Matthew Dodd-Berry 1
Minkyu Kim 1
Nacho Elvira 1
Ryan Van Zelzen 1
Sam Hutsby 1
Santiago De La Fuente 1
Tommy Morrison 1
Vincent Norman 1
Young Han Song 1
Aguri Iwasaki 1
Alex Cejka 1
Charlie Lindh 1
Darrne Clarke 1
Denwith Boriboonsub 1
Ernie Els 1
Gun Taek Koh 1
Jack McDonald 1
Jasper Stubbs 1
Jeung Hun Wang 1
John Daly 1
Mason Anderson 1
Michael Hendry 1
Ryosuke Kinoshita 1
Yuto Katsuargawa 1

@Billy24
@RoryBaby
@Mr Brightside
@MD Jazz
@Mopsy
@Danners Premiers
@tigerman
@Leysy Days
@artball
@BT Tiger
@mainlandy
@Tenacious
@Sammy Cougar
@spook
@angle ankle

Bryson DeChambeau 90
Xander Schauffele 90
Brooks Koepka 60
Jordan Spieth 45
Louis Oosthuizen 28
Tom Hoge 15
Laurie Canter 12
Nick Taylor 8

Gee I reckon Scott has been ripped off, McIntyre gets a free drop at the 16th from thick rough because when he took his practice swing he felt something underfoot. Apparently an old sprinkler head on his stance. Get's the free drop, moves it out of thick rough onto a decent lie and sticks it to 5 feet and nails an eagle. Would have been pitching out to the fairway otherwise.

Luck or unfair?

just watched it.
to me a prime example of the most f d rule in golf.

3 behind 3 to play bobbie knew that garbage was there on the tee & hit it straight in.
lucky to find the ball, saw his lie, tourney over.
gets relief from a sprinkler he could only feel because of steel spikes.

fair enough... relief from abnormal course condition has to be all encompassing.
establish your nearest point of relief no closer to hole.

my beef is why do you get a club length from the established reference point of relief?
drop within a grip length if room for error needed.
a club length is way too much advantage....got him clear of the crap

bobbie goes from possible bogey to eagle & wins by one because of *smile* rule

@43yo scott played his arse off in a v high quality field.

:mad:

Reactions: 1 user
Made the cut at his two BO appearances. Played well in the Scottish Open. Top ten at his last 2 events.

1st at Pebble/2nd at the Arnie Palmer & The Players in 2024. Generally loves the big tournaments.

mmmmm may make a change because that is probably crazy value.

I’ve lay awake all night pondering his reinstatement to my squad.

Think I’m gunna do it.

Melts will be epic if he fails to make the cut though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Rory McIlroy 95
Cameron Smith 75
Adam Scott 55
Jason Day 50
Aaron Rai 35
Abraham Ancer 25
Romain Langasque 10
Shubhankar Sharma 5

Total 350

Go the Aussies!!

Rory McIlroy 95
Tommy Fleetwood 80
Nicolai Hojgaard 45
Thomas Detry 40
Wyndham Clark 35
Justin Rose 32
Kurt Kitayama 18
Gary Woodland 5

Tommy Fleetwood
80​
Robert MacIntyre
70​
Adam Scott
55​
Nicolai Hojgaard
45​
Rasmus Hojgaard
25​
Ryan Fox
30​
Wyndham Clark
35​
Sebastian Soderberg
8​
348​

I'll throw my hat in the ring:

Some obvious selections and some with really cool names. If my parents had some imagination, I would have been a contender. Like they could have chosen Bison, Panther or Id even settle for Guido

V Hovland
80​
T Fleetwood
80​
R McIlroy
95​
A Scott
55​
L Glover
10​
Maverick McNealy
10​
Guido Migliozi
7​
Thorbjorn Olesen
8​
345​

Gee I reckon Scott has been ripped off, McIntyre gets a free drop at the 16th from thick rough because when he took his practice swing he felt something underfoot. Apparently an old sprinkler head on his stance. Get's the free drop, moves it out of thick rough onto a decent lie and sticks it to 5 feet and nails an eagle. Would have been pitching out to the fairway otherwise.

Luck or unfair?

Astounded this got so little notice here. I have been away down the coast and could not access Kayo/Foxtel where I was staying so only caught up with this when I returned home today. Was looking forward to seeing what happened with McIntyre supposedly playing brilliantly to pip a valiant Scottie at the death.

To me, it looked a blatant set-up. What a disgusting bit of cheating! What sprinkler? Buried in the rough with 'Bobbie's' ball? Why would a sprinkler be there? Who else ever saw ... or felt it? Besides 'Bobbie' that is. What a sneaky and rapidly decided bit of adjudicating that was. Official turns up, coverage goes elsewhere, next minute we return to see him dropping into an almost clear spot for his shot. How about that! [What about a pre-game plan - "Bob, remember if you get buried in the rough, claim you have a sprinkler head in your way, just call for our friendly local ref and we'll sort it for you!"]

Absolute Scottish con job at it's best. Poor Scott. Ripped off again. Farcical. Notwithstanding, his remaining golf was excellent, never would have won without this rort. If it happened to a Yank not an amiable Aussie like AS, you would have heard a lot more about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Astounded this got so little notice here. I have been away down the coast and could not access Kayo/Foxtel where I was staying so only caught up with this when I returned home today. Was looking forward to seeing what happened with McIntyre supposedly playing brilliantly to pip a valiant Scottie at the death.

To me, it looked a blatant set-up. What a disgusting bit of cheating! What sprinkler? Buried in the rough with 'Bobbie's' ball? Why would a sprinkler be there? Who else ever saw ... or felt it? Besides 'Bobbie' that is. What a sneaky and rapidly decided bit of adjudicating that was. Official turns up, coverage goes elsewhere, next minute we return to see him dropping into an almost clear spot for his shot. How about that! [What about a pre-game plan - "Bob, remember if you get buried in the rough, claim you have a sprinkler head in your way, just call for our friendly local ref and we'll sort it for you!"]

Absolute Scottish con job at it's best. Poor Scott. Ripped off again. Farcical. Notwithstanding, his remaining golf was excellent, never would have won without this rort. If it happened to a Yank not an amiable Aussie like AS, you would have heard a lot more about it.
One of your best there Leon Spinks !

After the Scottish Open, Alex Noren and Richard Mansell were late qualifiers for the British Open and therefore aren't included on the values list. Not sure why. Rai was a late qualifier too and he's on there.

Anyway, based on betting markets v the values list, if anyone wants to use either of them I've assigned Noren a value of 50 and Mansell 4.

Good day.

Rory McIlroy 95
Cameron Smith 75
Matt Fitzpatrick 60
Akshay Bhatia 40
Mattieu Pavon 30
Abraham Ancer 25
Adam Hadwin 20
Gary Woodland 5

Rory Mcllroy 95
Victor Hovland 80