GAMEDAY v hawks Round 23 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAMEDAY v hawks Round 23

Don't worry about draft picks
Let's get the best fitness guy in the country because we just walk and jog around.
No wonder Hawthorn looked like they had an extra 3 players.

Reactions: 4 users
Let's get the best fitness guy in the country because we just walk and jog around.
Yep there is a lot wrong with this team at the moment. Fitness is one of many areas of major concern.

Reactions: 5 users
Any chance Dimma wants Taranto and Hopper to the GC. He should be taking them as a sign of good will for lumping them to us for the next *smile* 6 years!!!!
At least Hopper tries but he spends all day on all 4's. I'm 99% sure he wasn't like that GWS.
Tarranto and Prestia are just shitful when it comes to pressuring the opposition, 1 is scared of doing a hammy and the other just refuses to chase

Hopper and Tarranto instead improving us.
They are sabotaging us.
I can't watch Tarranto walk behind a Hawthorn player 3 metres away.
Do what Hawthorn did with Mitchell and Omeara and ship him off
Weren't you the one that was happy that we traded out or first round picks for these guys as we always stuff up our first rounders?

This is so important.

Every team gets injuries, part of the game.

But we haven't looked even remotely close to being fit all season .

Meehan can't leave quick enough

Reactions: 2 users
Flappers. Please no more
Nakas. Take the captaincy off him
Vaulstin. Tries hard but his kicking today was abysmal.
Rioli. The only kid that busts his aas, chases and pressures.
Bolton. Does what Bolton does. 1 good unbelievable thing, smothered in 3 lazy laconic crap.
Mansel. Busted his ass. Our best
Miller. Shocking. Needs to go. Reminds me of the ordinary defenders we had in the early 90's. Delist.
Blight. Too big. Too slow, can't kick
Bauer. Bright light at very dark tunnel.
Coulthard. Wasn't getting a kick in the 2's, what did they expect???
Trezise. Not sure,
Banks. I don't mind him but Needs to look at the ball, not the on coming traffic.
Prestia. Has no issue getting his hands on the ball. But besides that useless. Dosent chase.
Campbell. Ok but good if your bottom 4.
Balta. Same as Bolton does the good and then the really bar.
Ralphsmith. Love his run and desire but lacks the kicking ability.. misses
Countless inside 50 passes.
Tarranto. I would trade him. He starting to really get me angry. He isn't playing for the jumper. Most laziest player I've seen.
Hopper. Just call him babyhop. Spends all day on all 4's.
Short. Never going to win the most courageous.
Kosi. Samson kosi Samson.
Ross. Did ok for his 1st game back. But he needs to add urgency to his game.

This club always seem to find its comfy spot on the bottom.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s FD and players we need to upgrade both. Too many foot soldiers in both of these areas and Admin is also glaring. We need to have a bigger Summer than Australian Cricket Team of 2013.

Where are those early wins next year, going to come from?
Hopefully we will have a list without injuries. Hopefully we will not have games against the top eight teams (as we did this year). Hopefully the AFL will produce a fair draw (ha ha ha) next season
And hopefully we have four guns in the draft who are ready to rock n roll in Round 0.

Last edited:
Calling it now. Blight is a bust. Too slow both in body and mind. Makes Graham look like Bolt. Give him a crack as a full forward or can go back to Perth. We need speed not plodders
Not looking good. He's a good mark in the 2nd's when the opposition is not up to AFL standard but gets lost when he has to read the ball flight and deal with a quick opponent who reads it just as well or better.

Weren't you the one that was happy that we traded out or first round picks for these guys as we always stuff up our first rounders?
I was singing and dancing when they agreed to come to us. (I wasn't the only 1)
But that decision now looks like a sliding doors moment.
Our midfield is shitter then Stkilda's midfield and they only have 1 midfielder in Steele.

***p.s Someone showed the players drafted with those picks. 0 output from all 3 picks.

I'm ok on top 15 picks being used in the draft but I don't trust them with 5 picks in 25.
Look at the 5 in 30 in 2021.

Hoping once the season is over I never have to watch a forward line of Prestia and Graham as our HF

Reactions: 2 users
This shows we are 12 to 15 players short of being a decent side.
Too many reserve grade players.
Nothing on the horizon.
The ONLY answer is to draft big numbers of young players year on year, starting NOW.
Cop some low finishes but have a bright future. No middle road.
Hard to think of even 7 or 8 top players tbh. Perhaps all those who are injured?

Hopefully we will have a list without injuries. Hopefully we will not have game against the top eight teams (as we did this year). Hopefully the AFL will produce a fair draw (ha ha ha) next season
And hopefully we have four guns in the draft who are ready to rock n roll I game 0.
Can’t have a midfield with Taranto, Hopper , Graham, Ross , Prestia and Dow. We can only keep Ross and Taranto and the rest have to be either traded or delisted. Injuries or not we won’t win games if more than two of these start in our lineup. Draft is crucial now hunting for the best.

Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully we will have a list without injuries. Hopefully we will not have game against the top eight teams (as we did this year). Hopefully the AFL will produce a fair draw (ha ha ha) next season
And hopefully we have four guns in the draft who are ready to rock n roll I game 0.
Heard of your Aunty?

It is an honour and a treat to meet an optimist.

Hope you're right! 😉

He has been pitiful today and for a lot of the season. Very very soft.

I’d give his spot to Blight. Miller does not deserve it.
I’d bought into Miller last year but has been very underwhelming this year. No pressure midfield doesn’t help any back man but has been ineffective way too many games.

Reactions: 1 users