Game day vs Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day vs Adelaide

Ty Esler said:
And for that I would rather be in our shoes than theirs - I would rather be young and crap with the hope of a better tomorrow by giving young guys a game than trying to flog a few more games out of McLeod and Goodwin

Sounds so much like us over the last few years.

If people think we will suffer under a compromised draft, I'd like to know how they think the Crows will not be worse off.

Mappa said:
There are a few on here who have no idea about building anything, if your not interested in the ride, please swap clubs for a year or two and save yourself the pain.

A lot of the over exaggerated vile, is exactly why we have failed year after year.

We as supporters are as much a part of the problem as any other area.

Please a little balance, a little common sense and a little less finger pointing.

Are you taking the p!ss?

Seriously, posts like that get me angry.

thejinx said:
I just hate our defensive pressure, and lack of run when we have the ball.

I couldn't even count how many times Adelaide when uncontested mark after uncontensted mark up the field for a goal... We simply can't play this zone *smile*. I hate it. Bring back man on man, accountable football.

Do you reckon we are trying to play a zone? I haven't seen much evidence of anything.

I have been putting that down to our list being so young.

Freezer said:
We know they're gonne be crap, so why get stressed about it...?

Watch the ones who are the future - Martin, Cotch, Nason, Lids, Astbury, JR, etc., etc.

freezer i get stressed because i luv the club, i care about the club but this is killing me how can u go scores level and drop away like that, its crap, polo who i like just makes silly errors as does *smile*, Moore always goes to ground, had a better game but still cant hold his feet....Tuck running himself back into packs did it several times as he has no left foot...

I want Lids on the ball, Jackson gets it and just bombbbbs away....sure lids has done well back there but he is more damaging on the ball...

I have said it previously. The culture has everytying to do with our pathetic efforts once the pressure is on and we have to show some guts, leadership and *smile* HEART!!! They already had a losers mentality, but now that they have been told we are in a rebuild process and there will be ugly losses, they simply think ahhh well we are expected to lose anyway so what is the point of killing myself to try and win a game!!! They have been given a get out clause and boy are they using it at the moment. Too many players that have brain fades. Too many players that direct their aggression at the man instead of the ball and cost turnovers and stupid freekicks. It is easier to give a free kick away rather than put in the extra effort to beat your man to the ball or get the fist on it before he marks etc. Zero mental strength and zero passion for the yellow and black jumper!!! Polo was pathetic as was Reiwoldt. Their body language at the moment it absolutely terrible.

Deledio, Tambling, Newman, Moore, Tuck are all supposed to be showing leadership but are pathetic at the moment. The club has a lot to answer for in regards to the Polak upgrade and trying to reinvent Tuck as a backmen when we have a youngster running around at Coburg with the potential to become a KP defender!!! The whole club is a rabble at the moment.

If anyone tells me that they still reckon Rance will make it i will spew up!!!

Freezer said:
Are you saying I spat the dummy? I'm not sure. I was responding to this post:

Yeah I was Freeze !!!

Youve been around long enough to understand how peeps are gonna react after another woeful performance like that...Im surprised to see such a response, thats all.

We play to much like the hawks we need to go the ball not the man clarko is a dud so y would we play that way

Mappa said:
There are a few on here who have no idea about building anything, if your not interested in the ride, please swap clubs for a year or two and save yourself the pain.

A lot of the over exaggerated vile, is exactly why we have failed year after year.

We as supporters are as much a part of the problem as any other area.

Please a little balance, a little common sense and a little less finger pointing.

Want to know why today's game is a problem for the club apart from we have heard all this year after year for the last 28 years. Many of us know that it would be a long hard year and we were ready for it but I think it fair to think we would see some signs which we aren't. Look in all our negative and positives from each round we are not seeing a lot of great team efforts or much they gave it their all for the entire match. What we see is one or two players looked good but then there is not a lot of consistency in that either although granted youth would be fair call there.

The big issue is the next generation Tiger supporters my 8 year old walked out of his room and threw all his Richmond stuff in the bin and is now claiming to be a Collingwood supporter. Without these kids the clubs future is not that good remember today's kids are tomorrows members and if they are not there then we are in trouble.

brigadiertiger said:
The big issue is the next generation Tiger supporters my 8 year old walked out of his room and threw all his Richmond stuff in the bin and is now claiming to be a Collingwood supporter. Without these kids the clubs future is not that good remember today's kids are tomorrows members and if they are not there then we are in trouble.

Yup - in 20 years we're going to be stuffed... I don't know any kids under the age of 15 that are Tigers supporters.

bowden4president said:
go for it buddy......buy a crows scarf why your at it ;)

moo splash
moo splash
moo splash

That's me milking the cash cow, realism pays nicely.

Ridley said:
Blow it out your arse imbecile. No excuse for that performance. None.

hahahahaha....magical stuff.

Not only do you get to see what is arguably the weakest team to take the field in VFL/AFL history, but the banter in this place is the best comedy going around.......

Love it, 2 for the price of 1 !!!

AstuteTiger said:
freezer i get stressed because i luv the club, i care about the club but this is killing me how can u go scores level and drop away like that, its crap, polo who i like just makes silly errors as does *smile*, Moore always goes to ground, had a better game but still cant hold his feet....Tuck running himself back into packs did it several times as he has no left foot...

I want Lids on the ball, Jackson gets it and just bombbbbs away....sure lids has done well back there but he is more damaging on the ball...

I know AT - I'm a 38 year supporter, so I know all about the waiting game.

But I just don't see the point in getting frustrated with guys who we know turn the ball over, we know they won't go in hard, we know they make bad decisions and we know they're not gonna be there in a year or two.

Young players with young bodies are gonna get tired and fade out in games. The players trying to carry them - Deledio, JR, McGuane and 1 or 2 others - simply don't have the support to be able to do it for four quarters. Hence the whole team drops away.

It's no fun, I agree. But it's a long process and I'm not gonna burst a blood vessel worrying about the likes of White, Jackson, Newman, Polak, Polo, Tuck and now even Tambling not pulling their weight.

jackfrost said:
Yeah I was Freeze !!!

Youve been around long enough to understand how peeps are gonna react after another woeful performance like that...Im surprised to see such a response, thats all.

Fair play. Just got a bit irritated at what I saw as an over-reaction from Ridley.

Freezer said:
I know AT - I'm a 38 year supporter, so I know all about the waiting game.

But I just don't see the point in getting frustrated with guys who we know turn the ball over, we know they won't go in hard, we know they make bad decisions and we know they're not gonna be there in a year or two.

Young players with young bodies are gonna get tired and fade out in games. The players trying to carry them - Deledio, JR, McGuane and 1 or 2 others - simply don't have the support to be able to do it for four quarters. Hence the whole team drops away.

It's no fun, I agree. But it's a long process and I'm not gonna burst a blood vessel worrying about the likes of White, Jackson, Newman, Polak, Polo, Tuck and now even Tambling not pulling their weight.

Well said freezer.

brigadiertiger said:

I disagree. Kids are fickle and as your nipper shows they can flip flop. If the Tiges ever begin to give a yelp, we'll attract the kids like any other team on the up does. For example look at how many kids follow the Bullies and the 'Aints at the moment cos they are up and around. We are an attractive brand in my opinion for kids should we ever turn the corner. Great colours, great emblem, great song and loud and proud when we get on a roll. Plenty to attract impressionable youngsters. With young blokes like Nason, he'll become an icon should he go on and continue to improve.

Freezer said:
Fair play. Just got a bit irritated at what I saw as an over-reaction from Ridley.
Redmond mentioned a few times about Riddler's blood pressure at the G. ;D

AstuteTiger said:

Have to agree. It's one thing to know that we will struggle with our inexperienced line up but even then you can still show some ticker and we showed none in that last quarter!!

RFC not KFC said:
moo splash
moo splash
moo splash

That's me milking the cash cow, realism pays nicely.

Question is, did you buy a crows scarf with your winnings?....yes you were right, but what proves you are anything but a true supporter is that you are so happy about it!! Your happy we lost by more than 39 points, that is truly pathetic!!

The emotional rollercoaster ride happened again, terrific 1st half, *smile* 2nd half. really worried about our fitness levels.
Thirsty- ok but dosent again any rebound
lids- good 1st half, tried hard but no back up
polak- what can i say?
cotchin- great
edwards- really good, but has to learn how to snap
polo- thrashed, looks really slow
mcguane- killed tippett, till last qtr
Newman- shocking- his kicking was disgraceful
rance- please send him back to w.a
riewolt- dropped too many lead up marks
Moore- had enough, unaccountable. his point in the 3rd, was his signature play- NO GOOD
White- was good early, then again disappeared
Tampo- must be sent back to the 2nds, no chasing, nothing
Vicks- terrific- played his guts out
Martin- thank god his on our side
Nason- was good early
Nakas- best on ground till half time
overall great 1st half, white wash 2nd half, lost the hungier after a couple of misses from polak and moore.
kids were all ok, but let down by moore and newman with bad decision making