Game day vs Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day vs Adelaide

TigerForce said:
Scumbags to say the least. It's like a hit and run accident where the driver just drives on.
Wallace said he inherited a train wreck from Frawley.

Well Hardwick has inherited Ground Zero from Wallace.

michael roach said:
Wallace said he inherited a train wreck from Frawley.

Well Hardwick has inherited Ground Zero from Wallace.

Shows how up himself he was in making a public statement like that. Nothing but a *smile* charlatan.

RFC not KFC said:
You are a goose who knows jack sh!t about how I'm feeling.
I am happy about 2 things right now.
I won money.
I'm not you.

I dont care how bad a day its been football-wise ....thats some funny sh!t ....... and lets be honest, anything that brings a laugh after sitting through that day of Footy again, is truely welcome.

Re: Does anyone know what happened in the last qtr?

tigerjoe said:
My kids and I thought we had a chance when Riewoldt levelled the scores 5 mins into the last qtr.

Then we capitulated.

Can anyone tell me what I can tell my 4 tiger cubs who were dumbfounded by Adelaides 8 consecutive goals?

Was it youth, fitness, bad coaching, game plan, inexperience, ticker, Newman's kickout and lack of leadership......or all of these combined?

A very dejected house tonight, when you are down early you can just say the other side is better, when scores are level or close for most of the game and you lose like that, what on earth do you say?

I have just spoken with my boy who has informed me he is back in the fold and had a talk about how we may not in a game this year but in time we will and when we do at least he will be able to say he stuck by the club with the exception of a couple of hours brought on by frustration). So now to the bin for retrieval. :-\

tigerjoe said:
My kids and I thought we had a chance when Riewoldt levelled the scores 5 mins into the last qtr.

Then we capitulated.

Can anyone tell me what I can tell my 4 tiger cubs who were dumbfounded by Adelaides 8 consecutive goals?

Was it youth, fitness, bad coaching, game plan, inexperience, ticker, Newman's kickout and lack of leadership......or all of these combined?

A very dejected house tonight, when you are down early you can just say the other side is better, when scores are level or close for most of the game and you lose like that, what on earth do you say?

Thats a tougie Joe, don't envy you or others like you, in the least........ having never been in that position, I'm truely grateful for that much at least......... just hope the kids can see it out and understand what hopefully will be better times somewhere down the line........ best I can offer at this stage, sorry !!! :don't know

jackfrost said:
hahahaha, ah I see, no problem, I see both sides of the debate, like yourself, I've been around watching this club for many years (add about 5 I believe to your own score).....its all very frustrating, but losing will have that affect on fans and players alike.

I see in another post of yours you mention Tambling as one "NOW" not pulling his weight !!!!

I'm assuming that would mean that you thought he has at some stage of his career ?.....when would that be exactly ?... to me he is the absolute epitomy of what is wrong with this Club....a total "Life underachiever" as an AFL player, as I stated in these pages 3 years ago, yet still here he is running around, still making the same mistakes you'd expect out of a Little Leaguer.

Seriously, its picks like these that will keep this Club on the bottom rung for many years to come and then the refusal to admit it and cut your loses by moving them on quickly, not 5/6 years later.

I, like a lot of others I believe, have seen enough from Tambling in patches to suggest he could be a very good footballer. I figured it was a matter of time before it clicked and he added the required consistency to his game.

Unfortunately my patience is running thin. After 100 plus games, any issues should have been sorted out - be they personal or team orientated, or both. Is a new coach another excuse? Maybe. But my expectations of him as a player have diminished significantly.

My six year old hasn't watched a game since round one. Reckons footy sucks, has even gone off auskick a bit. Not fun, obviously at that age rebuilding means nothing.
The only positive is he doesn't hear me going off anymore, tend to be able to sit through games with a numb blank stare now.

Freezer said:
I, like a lot of others I believe, have seen enough from Tambling in patches to suggest he could be a very good footballer. I figured it was a matter of time before it clicked and he added the required consistency to his game.

Unfortunately my patience is running thin. After 100 plus games, any issues should have been sorted out - be they personal or team orientated, or both. Is a new coach another excuse? Maybe. But my expectations of him as a player have diminished significantly.

Well I think you've been more than a little fair shall we say Freeze, your a better man than me in that regard and I make NO bones about it whatsover.

When I arrived back in this Country after many away OS, it took me about 4 games to make a call on Tambling and to this day it has only increased my original thoughts about the guy......... simply isn't good enough to play at this level.

Now why its taken the recruiting cronies/team selectors at the club this long, is a question Id love to see someone answer....ofcourse I dont expect that to happen, that would be admitting a fault in their own evaluating techniques, but thats who should be answering questions as to why this club is floundering at the bottom of the barrel, the blokes who put this squad together, not coaches or others who've just arrived.

tigerjoe said:
Your right freezer, trade bait he should be at the end of the year.

That loads about 3 years to late coming unfortunately Joe ....... ;)

Cold pie and a flat pepsi is all your gonna get for his services these days.....guaranteed, NO ONE evaluates talent as badly as the Richmond Football Club, 28 years of consistent failure to produce anything close to a winning formula is all the proof you need to know that.

tbartiger said:
My six year old hasn't watched a game since round one. Reckons footy sucks, has even gone off auskick a bit. Not fun, obviously at that age rebuilding means nothing.
The only positive is he doesn't hear me going off anymore, tend to be able to sit through games with a numb blank stare now.

sad but a true reflection of a possible generation of supporters that could/will be lost to the club.

My 14 yo thinks we are a joke, my 18 yo couldnt give a toss anymore. Even though I pay their memberships, they constantly tell me not to bother and refuse to go to games. When they were younger they were keen, but not now.

Al Bundy said:
sad but a true reflection of a possible generation of supporters that could/will be lost to the club.

My 14 yo thinks we are a joke, my 18 yo couldnt give a toss anymore. Even though I pay their memberships, they constantly tell me not to bother and refuse to go to games. When they were younger they were keen, but not now.

This is what the club just doesnt understand its all about being competitive and winning games thats why supporters become members.
Supporters dont become members to receive a tigers cap or scarf. We want to see team oriented passionate footy thats not too much to ask for.
If they keep serving up this :police: memberships will drop off.

btoz_01 said:
This is what the club just doesnt understand its all about being competitive and winning games thats why supporters become members.
Supporters dont become members to receive a tigers cap or scarf. We want to see team oriented passionate footy thats not too much to ask for.

I reckon the club might be aware of the consequences but if they leave it any later to do the hard yards even more may be lost. we had no choice but to go backwards from last year and we know it and the club knows it but leave it later they would lose more.

btoz_01 said:

That is the problem, it is either this, or what we had over the last five years. Whether our kids like it or not, the club has to take its medicine.

Al Bundy said:

Yeah it's hard to blame kids who dump the Tiges like a hot spud. Your kids have known nothing but complete and total failure, abject failure, as far as the RFC is concerned. It'd be hard to get excited about all that losing.

At least us older supporters remember what a great RFC was like, even if we were only kids ourselves then. Anyone under the age of 30 has no clue what a great RFC is like.

frawleyudud said:
Morton isn't the answer, but the more worrying signs are that Hardwick is doing a Wallace. Two weeks in a row now he has thrown Tuck in the middle thinking he can change the game and win some footy!!! I thought he was brought into the side to play a new role!! I thought we were a developing side and that the youngsters would have to learn from their mistakes. Is Hardwick already feeling the heat so is starting to go into survival mode??? What could we possibly gain out of teaching a player like Tuck a new role now??? Did they think he was all of a sudden going to turn into Silvagni??

this is my concern. it seems hardwick has gone into survival mode and is persisting and relying on players like tuck and jackson to stop the bleeding and perhaps snatch a win. he needs to name and persist with players that have the basic tools to develop into decent players yet he's naming the same duds just because they have big bodies and go in hard. I can handle getting smashed each weak as long as young players with the basic skill set are getting games and are learning but when I see the same hacks making the same stupid decisions and same skill errors then it all becomes too groundhog day.

Hardwick should have stuck to his guns and left tuck out of the side. He also needs to realise that jackson has absolutely no awareness and his big body should be no compensation for this lack of basic skill set. He needs to be true to his rebuilding goal and not go half hearted. If he's after a big body in the middle play deledio there full time. someone else can bomb the ball 50m to a 1 on 3 from the kick ins. Foley and cousins come back in also so there is no excuse. edwards, nason, collins, webberly, nahas, morton etc to get extended runs through the middle and see who stands up. demote those who don't and rotate through coburg. we'll get beaten by big margins but this phase should be about finding and persisting and developing players with the required skill set and determination, not wasting time and effort on those who clearly are not up to it. we've been doing this for the past 20 + years.

Can we please have a system; plan (whatever you want to call it) for kick-ins after the opposition score a behind. At least have a plan to try and keep the ball and at least get to the wing.

We currently using the 1977 coaching manual for kick-ins (long bomb to the point of the square) and lose possession everytime.

I'm supportive of Hardwick as the new coach, but this aspect is totally unacceptable.

Vickery needs to also be reminded to think about knocking the ball over his head from kick-ins towrads our goal rather than try and outmark bigger opposition ruckman.

zippadeee said:
The emotional rollercoaster ride happened again, terrific 1st half, sh!t 2nd half. really worried about our fitness levels.
Thirsty- ok but dosent again any rebound
lids- good 1st half, tried hard but no back up
polak- what can i say?
cotchin- great
edwards- really good, but has to learn how to snap
polo- thrashed, looks really slow
mcguane- killed tippett, till last qtr
Newman- shocking- his kicking was disgraceful
rance- please send him back to w.a
riewolt- dropped too many lead up marks
Moore- had enough, unaccountable. his point in the 3rd, was his signature play- NO GOOD
White- was good early, then again disappeared
Tampo- must be sent back to the 2nds, no chasing, nothing
Vicks- terrific- played his guts out
Martin- thank god his on our side
Nason- was good early
Nakas- best on ground till half time
overall great 1st half, white wash 2nd half, lost the hungier after a couple of misses from polak and moore.
kids were all ok, but let down by moore and newman with bad decision making
Moore shut Stevens out of the game, so hardly see how he was unaccountable