Game day vs Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day vs Adelaide

Barkdog said:
I disagree. Kids are fickle and as your nipper shows they can flip flop. If the Tiges ever begin to give a yelp, we'll attract the kids like any other team on the up does. For example look at how many kids follow the Bullies and the 'Aints at the moment cos they are up and around. We are an attractive brand in my opinion for kids should we ever turn the corner. Great colours, great emblem, great song and loud and proud when we get on a roll. Plenty to attract impressionable youngsters. With young blokes like Nason, he'll become an icon should he go on and continue to improve.

Agree kids can be fickle but if we don't do anything soon then they will become older and entrenched in the new club so by the time we may start to challenge for the eight todays kids that have jumped off are not coming back we need to then attract new kids.

Freezer said:
I know AT - I'm a 38 year supporter, so I know all about the waiting game.

It's no fun, I agree. But it's a long process and I'm not gonna burst a blood vessel worrying about the likes of White, Jackson, Newman, Polak, Polo, Tuck and now even Tambling not pulling their weight.

fair enough and ur right it aint fun....the only thing i got to look fwd to this year is;

1) getting some games into our youngsters
2) seeing at least 1 win
3) delistings and trades
4) draft pics and more draft pics

bowden4president said:
Question is, did you buy a crows scarf with your winnings?....yes you were right, but what proves you are anything but a true supporter is that you are so happy about it!! Your happy we lost by more than 39 points, that is truly pathetic!!

I sympathise with your viewpoint, but we all cope in different ways. Probably best to not have a go at fellow supporters and leave him in the company of his conscience.

Does anyone know what happened in the last qtr?

My kids and I thought we had a chance when Riewoldt levelled the scores 5 mins into the last qtr.

Then we capitulated.

Can anyone tell me what I can tell my 4 tiger cubs who were dumbfounded by Adelaides 8 consecutive goals?

Was it youth, fitness, bad coaching, game plan, inexperience, ticker, Newman's kickout and lack of leadership......or all of these combined?

A very dejected house tonight, when you are down early you can just say the other side is better, when scores are level or close for most of the game and you lose like that, what on earth do you say?

bowden4president said:
Have to agree. It's one thing to know that we will struggle with our inexperienced line up but even then you can still show some ticker and we showed none in that last quarter!!

Question is, did you buy a crows scarf with your winnings?....yes you were right, but what proves you are anything but a true supporter is that you are so happy about it!! Your happy we lost by more than 39 points, that is truly pathetic!!

You are a goose who knows jack *smile* about how I'm feeling.
I am happy about 2 things right now.
I won money.
I'm not you.

Experience and a tall target up forward seemed to be the difference in the last quarter. Something we lack in spades.

I am really SO disappointed in the way we finished.
I feel like venting, but....*deep breath*
The things I took from the game are.....
We can play a good style of pressure footy, unfortunately only for 2 qtrs
Rance and Tuck aren't backmen.
Our kickins are pathetic.
"jogger' tambling if he isn't fit, shouldn't be there, if he is fit, I think Melbourne is too cold for him, he needs a warmer climate. He is a big disappointment to me.
Geez we need players that can hit a target on a regular basis. And good decision makers. And a ruckman. And another forward. And another big backman. And more composed skilled mids. And...

BladeTiger said:
Experience and a tall target up forward seemed to be the difference in the last quarter. Something we lack in spades.
You might want to add leadership, heart, passion, hunger and smarts to that list. We could of had Lockett and Dunstall in our fwd line in that last qtr and it wouldn't have made a difference. Things are much, much worse than just experience and the lack of a tall forward.

I know we are supposed to move on, but even in spite the amount of money they harvested from the club, I don't know how Wallace and Miller sleep at night over what they have done to so many supporters.

Re: Does anyone know what happened in the last qtr?

tigerjoe said:
My kids and I thought we had a chance when Riewoldt levelled the scores 5 mins into the last qtr.

Then we capitulated.

Can anyone tell me what I can tell my 4 tiger cubs who were dumbfounded by Adelaides 8 consecutive goals?

Was it youth, fitness, bad coaching, game plan, inexperience, ticker, Newman's kickout and lack of leadership......or all of these combined?

A very dejected house tonight, when you are down early you can just say the other side is better, when scores are level or close for most of the game and you lose like that, what on earth do you say?

I hear ya. I was just following the scores through the AFL site and I couldn't believe what I saw. Of course I can't comment on any of our players performances as I didn't see any of the game so I'm not sure where to direct my frustration! Dimma is bloody doing it tough!

Freezer said:
Fair play. Just got a bit irritated at what I saw as an over-reaction from Ridley.

hahahaha, ah I see, no problem, I see both sides of the debate, like yourself, I've been around watching this club for many years (add about 5 I believe to your own score).....its all very frustrating, but losing will have that affect on fans and players alike.

I see in another post of yours you mention Tambling as one "NOW" not pulling his weight !!!!

I'm assuming that would mean that you thought he has at some stage of his career ?.....when would that be exactly ?... to me he is the absolute epitomy of what is wrong with this Club....a total "Life underachiever" as an AFL player, as I stated in these pages 3 years ago, yet still here he is running around, still making the same mistakes you'd expect out of a Little Leaguer.

Seriously, its picks like these that will keep this Club on the bottom rung for many years to come and then the refusal to admit it and cut your loses by moving them on quickly, not 5/6 years later.

No wonder we got smashed in the last. I saw Tuck in the middle and also Polak theyre not ruckmes FFS.
Its called structure you cant expect to go into a game with only 1 ruckman.
Also Morton should have been playing against the Crows

mld said:
I know we are supposed to move on, but even in spite the amount of money they harvested from the club, I don't know how Wallace and Miller sleep at night over what they have done to so many supporters.
The way I'm feeling, they may make an unscheduled appearance in "Underbelly" part 4

mld said:

Yep move forward but Wallace and Miller need to face the music. The football world needs to know what they have done to this club. They appear to have got off very lightly although it does seem Wallace is finding it tough to get decent work in the footy world; according to Yobbo's article today.

Karma's a *smile* Terry.

mld said:

Scumbags to say the least. It's like a hit and run accident where the driver just drives on.

frawleyudud said:
You might want to add leadership, heart, passion, hunger and smarts to that list. We could of had Lockett and Dunstall in our fwd line in that last qtr and it wouldn't have made a difference. Things are much, much worse than just experience and the lack of a tall forward.

Agree mate. The things you mentioned are precisely the things a proper experienced core of players add to a team. We could sure use a Paul Chapman right now... He brings all this and more to the table.

Ridley said:
Yep move forward but Wallace and Miller need to face the music. The football world needs to know what they have done to this club. They appear to have got off very lightly although it does seem Wallace is finding it tough to get decent work in the footy world; according to Yobbo's article today.

Karma's a b!tch Terry.

I want more players to criticise him publicly.

btoz_01 said:
No wonder we got smashed in the last. I saw Tuck in the middle and also Polak theyre not ruckmes FFS.
Its called structure you cant expect to go into a game with only 1 ruckman.
Also Morton should have been playing against the Crows
Morton isn't the answer, but the more worrying signs are that Hardwick is doing a Wallace. Two weeks in a row now he has thrown Tuck in the middle thinking he can change the game and win some footy!!! I thought he was brought into the side to play a new role!! I thought we were a developing side and that the youngsters would have to learn from their mistakes. Is Hardwick already feeling the heat so is starting to go into survival mode??? What could we possibly gain out of teaching a player like Tuck a new role now??? Did they think he was all of a sudden going to turn into Silvagni??